Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I try telling her?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

OK. So you're not jealous of him. But if things are as awkward as you say, then the best thing to do is one of the following:

1. If he starts talking about the girl (or any girl) in a way you find uncomfortable, then say to him 'I don't want to hear about it'.
    OR
    2. You just phase him out. Personally, I favour option 2. Your mate sounds like an immature jerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Get a new friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

NDD18 wrote: »
    I need some advice:

A friend of mine told me he is seeing this woman, nothing serious. But the way he refers to her shocked me a bit. He said she comes over about once or twice a week, they **** and she leaves after a while. He said "she seems into him, but that she is ugly, short, walks a bit crooked, skinny, saggy boobs, big nose, she even smells a bit". Basically he is seeing her just because she pleases him sexually. I was surprised by the way he described her, and quite frankly I have been thinking about trying to find out who she is and telling her. Does that sound reasonable?

Honestly I would not get involved.

I would stop being this person's friend. You end up becoming the 5 people you spend the most time with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I need some advice:

Does that sound reasonable?

No, that sounds like the actions of an interfering nutter.

Don't do this. Its none of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I need some advice:

A friend of mine told me he is seeing this woman, nothing serious. But the way he refers to her shocked me a bit. He said she comes over about once or twice a week, they **** and she leaves after a while. He said "she seems into him, but that she is ugly, short, walks a bit crooked, skinny, saggy boobs, big nose, she even smells a bit". Basically he is seeing her just because she pleases him sexually. I was surprised by the way he described her, and quite frankly I have been thinking about trying to find out who she is and telling her. Does that sound reasonable?

He sounds cruel, and a bit misogynistic.

You could tell him to be a bit more than that.

He's having sex with a woman who isn't perfect and he thinks it's a laugh.

Prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I need some advice:

Not really got anything to do with you has it?

What outcome are you hoping for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NDD18

Case settled, I am not going to get involved. He mentioned the woman doesn’t even have a smartphone, and is quite gullible. She would never believe me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

As you've reached a conclusion OP, we'll close the thread there.

Thanks everyone for the help and advice.

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement