Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lambs and eating nuts

• 08-01-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Have 20 ram lambs that I’m hoping to fatten in a field. But they have only eaten 1 bag of nuts in almost 3 weeks. Feeder I full. Will they start eating more or should I take them home ? It’s awkward as they are 40 mins drive from my shed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

OneMan37 wrote: »
    Have 20 ram lambs that I’m hoping to fatten in a field. But they have only eaten 1 bag of nuts in almost 3 weeks. Feeder I full. Will they start eating more or should I take them home ? It’s awkward as they are 40 mins drive from my shed.

Have they enough water ?
    Are they trained to eating nuts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭OneMan37

solerina wrote: »
    Have they enough water ?
    Are they trained to eating nuts ?

Loads of streams in fields.

But not certain if they are trained as I bought them. I suspect not.
    But if they are eating some nuts they should start to eat more ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Try a bit of creep and see if they eat that. Maybe pen them for an hour at the feeders when you put it in, if you can. The creeps seem much more appetising to them. Once they get going you can mix in the nuts a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

If you have a big bunch and a creep feeder sometimes it can take a get them eating, agree with the idea of creep...put on troughs and spread them out

Advertisement