Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

So could you get knocked back from vetting if a partner family member has a bad record, with past employment I have got clearence to work within a prison setting,.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭thehills4

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

long story short but I have a distant relative (mothers distant cousin and they’re a big family) who was involved in low level things during the troubles of which I know no details and neither do my parents or any family that I speak to as they have had no contact with him for decades, and I have never met this person. Am I correct in putting this down in the criminal associations and marking it as ‘yes’ thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 williamhicks999

I would include everything you are aware of. It’s better that vetting exclude it themselves rather than you. I don’t imagine including it would have any influence on your application but leaving out information would. I don’t remember the specifics of the form but be as open and transparent as possible.

Thanks got in touch with vetting there, they suggested to include it. It’s always at the worst time you discover these relatives exist

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eurox6

Is there many applicants from the south ,

The pay seems to be very poor for a police force that have to carry guns , seems crazy low for the job that is required

Not sure if this would be the right thread but relates to vetting - For those who have applied to more than one police force at the same time (PSNI being the preference by a good bit) whenever it comes to the other force vetting me and the PSNI will know about my other application whenever the other force contacts them for my details, will it negatively effect my PSNI application at all or is it not considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

It's the public sector they simply will not care.

Public sector doesn't really have any ability to preferentially treat anyone in this regard. Especially given how regulated recruitment is

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭crazyfire999

Anyone get any news from vetting yet?

• Advertisement

Think other than direct emails or letters from vetting the only way you’ll know if you’ve had your vetting started is to check your credit report check for searches

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Your credit report will show a search by ACPO if you're wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Anyone willing to answer a question on vetting?

Regarding fixed penalty notices, I had 3 points for speeding 6 years ago which I know the date for but also 20 years ago that I really don't know the date, is there a way of finding out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 williamhicks999

i would just put down a guess. They’ll be able to find the information out anyway if they need to. Just be as open and honest about everything. You’ll hear it time and time again, integrity is non negotiable.

I'm literally gonna write everything lol, thanks millions

Yeah write down everything. I phoned the DVLA in Coleraine and they told me all my dates etc. if in doubt you could always do that.

• Advertisement

for the record, I had 6 I think… I made it sound like I had unlimited amounts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Anonymous4321

NI direct have this new thing where you can link your drivers licence to your account and view your driving record e.g. (FPN and Points).

I tried this earlier but it said my licence number wasn't valid

Thanks, think I will. I think I've had 9 in my 20 + years of driving ...opps

• Advertisement

There are 2 links in it. One is for English licences but the big green button is for NI licences. If it says .gov and not ni direct, you've clicked the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlobBlob

Doing my vetting here, there appears to be no place to put bank details, debts, loans etc in the vetting form. Or am I missing this?

Also it doesn’t ask for speeding convictions, only for other driving convictions.

Am I completely missing it or do they not ask for this?

I can’t remember if it asked about banking stuff in the second form. With driving offences I just put my speed awareness course in the convictions section, I did it more just to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 28 weesmurf33

Does anyone know how they check and verify employment history?

Advertisement