Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business website - private review

Options
  • 19-07-2019 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

Building my business website.
    Been in IT business for past 20 years and we are so good that didn't needed a website or any of those social media sites, blogs or campaigns. Decided to take the plunge and create an online presence ...

Trick is, I am doing mostly myself as my preferred designer that lives here locally to me, we fell in design and time returns of ideas/concept/drawings/publish and by the time we decided on something I forgot what I was trying to say or pass over...

So, i am doing it for the past 2 weeks, 25/7 whenever I have time. Checked online lots of builders, templates and plugins.
    Inspired from my competitors and non-direct services / products suppliers and I have about 130 word documents of pages printed and tens of screenshots takes, tried many templates, blocks modules and plugins.

I'm running the design / testing on two OVH VPSes, one ,the secondary that I am testing the design, integration, customization. Once I am confident as looks and feels alright, i am transferring on to live VPS and incorporate it /publish it live on the right site. Site is not live, just a page "under construction" and all the pages hidden under website structure.
    I purchased few tools, mainly is the DIVI from Elegant Themes which is the main engine behind the whole design concept. Then, few other plugins, even if they are free, i like the pro function and to assure the developer's support and future upgrades.

"today's" main issue that have is,after doing many versions and reviews, I think am falling in "single minded design" around a site format and I am happy all looks fine but sure something is not right, not correct, not right combination of colours, fonts, layout, position, size and so on... I know is not nice what is nice but only my eyes thinks it is...

I post here looking for few designers with a good practical experience to check my site and tell me what is good and or bad, what may needs to be changed or altered or modified or taken off completely. I cannot post here my site address, due to privacy but I can engage privately with yourself, if suits you.
    I am willing to pay for a session, hour or consultation fee and get your best "guaranteed effort" report on the site and i will do subject to your review,any changes / updates needed.We can meet,we can talk, i am Dublin based.

Please let me know if that makes sense and how do you like to work, approach me via PM and we will take it from there.

Thanks, appreciated.

Advertisement