Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike's (kind of) Back!!

Options
  • 20-10-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Eight years ago we had a wee giggle at a book called Dark Rose

I'm off to Mexico on Saturday for a break and was looking for some totally stupid (and cheap) books to throw onto the ol' Kindle and i discovered that Mike Lunnon Woods was still writing up until his death in 2008, and this time he has a 4 book series.

i have the first one downloaded and will report back in a few weeks...

this is from the back cover so my hopes are not exactly high... but it miight be an interesting yarn and waste of a few hours

From the Back Cover
    'LET NOT THE DEEP'

The MV Caledonia, stricken by engine failure, her cargo shifting as a hurricane-force storm approaches across the Atlantic.

The Maeve Corrigan, a superbly designed lifeboat based in the Scillies, heading through tumultuous seas for the casualty.

On board the Caledonia, a passenger whose fate will command the attention of the news media from all around the world.

On the Maeve Corrigan, a crew that will be tested to the limits of courage and beyond in the longest night of their lives.

Exciting, suspenseful, moving and thrilling, 'Let Not the Deep' is destined to become a classic of the sea.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Doesn't sound -as- awful... but let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Heroic life boat crew, PM's son on ship, RAF rescue Sea Kings are over whelmed with calls because of weather, American flagged VLCC plays a part, RN Destroyer helps out a wee bit but without telling anyone what theyre up to cos the RN are brill an' stuff but can still have the craic with the (american) captain of VLCC, heroic Merchant Navy guys too, News reporter who JUST happens to have fallen for the first officer of the Caledonia, is the only one on the scene (as ya do) Irish doctor is involved too as is his hot nursey Irish girlfriend, cos ol' Mike has a weird affinity for our little island.

Same calibre of writing as Dark Rose or that other book he had Angel Seven.

Advertisement