Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What on Earth is wrong with me? HELP

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Got no help. Will never use this forum again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

It's hard to sum all of your symptoms up with one condition. But I would say that you have some sort of social phobia, and this would explain not being able to eat or drink in front of people.
    I wouldn't worry about having never been in a fight. Only guys with small willies tend to resort to violence anyway.
    Best advice is to go talk to a psychologist, even one session could help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kim_Il_Jong

ok not a psychologist but im guessing this is all related to the anxiety you mentioned. If you're anxious then you're getting the message that you are in some sort of danger, that makes concentrating on one thing difficult cause as you say you're looking to escape. (you wouldn't see someone in an emergency standing still and explaining the situation clearly to a 999 phone operator...people in emergencies run around in a panic).
    Looks to me like you got some fear of a part of the world, or a brain chemistry condition. Have a word with a councillor, you'll probably be prescribed Pills and/or meditation, the usual two treatments that get suggested.
    That and a healthy lifestyle. Maybe you could actually indulge in a bit of escapism...get the heck away from your old life, let yourself out of the box. However, I really really really suggest you do this only with company, I tried a bit of escapism myself on my own abroad........sucked, more stress than true relaxation.
    also sports..try any sport that lets you wail on something and/or smash sht up, like a punchbag or basically go mental for a while. Better to let it out in the right place. Definitely, definitely keep away from illicit drugs...if you wanna try then leave it to later.....this is soo not the time.
    That about it. Maybe try writing...you can go on a rant writing, like I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

We are not here to diagnose people, OP if you feel you need help see a profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

02572 wrote: »
    Got no help. Will never use this forum again.

OP, if you had read the forum charter, you would have known that you were posting inappropriately. You would have been better off in Personal Issues, over under Soc. :rolleyes:

The Psychology forum is for debating items of interest to psychologists and related professions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Completely useless contribution has been deleted. And infarction given. JC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Completely useless contribution has been deleted. And infarction given. JC

oooooop my apologies that post wasn't mean for boards.ie at all,
    shoulda gone to specksavers:D

Advertisement