Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

FBD are doing good prices lately 😄
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    This thread is more like an insurance chat room, should be a dedicated one for valid discount codes started with no chat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

FBD are doing good prices lately.

quote="OmegaGene;113593387"]This thread is more like an insurance chat room, should be a dedicated one for valid discount codes started with no chat[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Do not be put of by a company name or target audience.
    I have previously been with itsforwomen as it gave the best quote. I am very much a man.
    I'm with them and I'm a man. The insurance is actually with AIG. AIG gave me a decent quote on their own but I got a further discount through onebigswitch with itsforwomen.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Have 10% off Aviva discount code if anyone wants it PM me.

Its4woman have a radio add saying you get €60 of with code 98fm (haven’t tried it)

Zurich 3ZURMOTOR

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

ruddy1987 wrote: »

Its4woman have a radio add saying you get €60 of with code 98fm (haven’t tried it)

PM sent for Aviva discount if it's still available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would anyone have a code for AIB, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭chrisd2019

New Home wrote: »
    Would anyone have a code for AIB, please?

Try asking in the physical bank, I got a code from the counter agent previously for online use.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thank you, that's a great idea.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ruddy1987 wrote: »

Zurich 3ZURMOTOR

i got my renewal quote from them today, €608, 2 years fully licenced, 4 years NCB, never claimed anything, Driving a 142 Fiesta,

wonder if that code will work on a renewal....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Liberty and Zurich were both the best for me. Liberty's renewal was €470. Zurich was €426. (I'm 29yrs old and 8yrs NCB)

• Advertisement

So far, the cheapest quote I got was from AIG. If anyone needs it, there was a discount code (AIG20).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Liberty and Zurich were both the best for me. Liberty's renewal was €470. Zurich was €426. (I'm 29yrs old and 8yrs NCB)

Zurich wouldn't even quote me, I'm 42 with about 12 years NCD and full licence, with no points.
    Maybe because my car is 2006, or because I'm unemployed.
    I Bloody hate the dose of searching for insurance every year, it's an absolute PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Just shopping around here and 25Plus are offering me best price of €441 for the year but I am slightly wary as they are only an online company and am sure people in this thread have posted some bad reports too, anybody anything good or bad to say on them??

My renewal with Allianz is only about €30 more and I am clear on what I am getting with this whereas with 25Plus seems a bit vague with regards my bonus protection.

Any advise welcome, thanks.

They're like the Ryanair of insurance companies. If you need to "speak" with them, contact them via chat and ask them about the bonus protection in detail.
    I found them ok (or rather, I found their other incarnation, its4women, to be ok), they were the cheapest I could find last year (I still paid an eye watering amount, but it was 2/3 of what other companies were quoting me then.

Keep in mind that anything you need them to do (send hard copies of documents, including NCB, change something in the policy, etc.), unless it's done through their website it'll cost you extra, on top of what it'd cost you through the website (e.g. moving the insurance to a temporary car).

This year I won't be renewing with them, I found AIG the cheapest so far, followed by the AA. Have a look around, you might find some discount codes, too (e.g. IRADIO for its4women, AIG20 for AIG), you could save a fair few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Yeah onto them on chat here and not getting a straight answer on it so putting me off already.

The difference I have been getting today on quotes is mental but used to it really as it definitely pays around to shop around as doing it every year for last 5 years.

They're like the Ryanair of insurance companies. If you need to "speak" with them, contact them via chat and ask them about the bonus protection in detail.
    I found them ok (or rather, I found their other incarnation, its4women, to be ok), they were the cheapest I could find last year (I still paid an eye watering amount, but it was 2/3 of what other companies were quoting me then.

Keep in mind that anything you need them to do (send hard copies of documents, including NCB, change something in the policy, etc.), unless it's done through their website it'll cost you extra, on top of what it'd cost you through the website (e.g. moving the insurance to a temporary car).

This year I won't be renewing with them, I found AIG the cheapest so far, followed by the AA. Have a look around, you might find some discount codes, too (e.g. IRADIO for its4women, AIG20 for AIG), you could save a fair few quid.

I had questions about the excess, just like you have for the NCB. I had to keep asking them to clarify a few specific points they were being vague on, eventually I got my answer (and with chat, it's in writing, you can then copy and paste the text of the chat somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

ted1 wrote: »
    Be careful of them and 25 plus and what ever other brand they sell under I’d paying monthly they’ll charge over 25% extra. They really hide that fact but your 319 premium will cost you over 420 if oId monthly

I paid in full. I also searched the web for discount codes, saved €60 (98FM)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

€554 ( down to €530 after a call)
    2012 Bmw 520 m sport
    Fully comp
    Full license
    No points
    No claims
    Bank of Ireland.
    Have an account and home insurance with them.

I might shop around but doubt I’ll beat this.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

I bought a car insurance from AIG last month and they're yet to send me Policy documents (Imported car waiting for log book). Now I see Axa offering for €400 less via chill.ie. Can I cancel AIG and move to Axa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

SummerK wrote: »
    I bought a car insurance from AIG last month and they're yet to send me Policy documents (Imported car waiting for log book). Now I see Axa offering for €400 less via chill.ie. Can I cancel AIG and move to Axa?

Car insurance has a minimum 14 day cooling off Period, if you cancel within the cooling off period you will be issued a refund but may be charged an admin fee.

Ring them, tell them you will email the quote. They may do a price match, it’s worth a shot before you cancel.

• Advertisement

Mind, though, if you do that there'll be a break in cover which may or may not affect your NCB.

Maybe it changes depending on the insurer, I remember asking the AA when I renewed mine in May/June and that's what I was told. Also, they said it'd be different if I cancelled voluntarily, let the policy lapse or put it on hold. Clear as mud, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your NCB expires 2 years after your last policy end date.

Maybe it changes depending on the insurer, I remember asking the AA when I renewed mine in May/June and that's what I was told. Also, they said it'd be different if I cancelled voluntarily, let the policy lapse or put it on hold. Clear as mud, I know.

The AA called on all car insurance providers at the start of pandemic to reimburse customers a portion of their yearly premium due to vehicles not being in use as much. Many providers steped up to the mark & did by way of All for One cards but AA’s insurance who is underwritten by Aviva refused point blank to refund any portion of customers premium and not a mention of proportional refunds has ever been spoken of again by the AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

amber2 wrote: »
    The AA called on all car insurance providers at the start of pandemic to reimburse customers a portion of their yearly premium due to vehicles not being in use as much. Many providers steped up to the mark & did by way of All for One cards but AA’s insurance who is underwritten by Aviva refused point blank to refund any portion of customers premium and not a mention of proportional refunds has ever been spoken of again by the AA.

Just got our renewal quote, up by over €100 to €570
    Better get searching, where is the best place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Just got our renewal quote, up by over €100 to €570
    Better get searching, where is the best place to look?

I found AIG good this time round, they were €450 cheaper than Aviva who I was with for years. There's a discount code too for AIG, I think it's AIG20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Not sure if everyone is aware of this or not, might be useful if renewing...I got my renewal letter from Liberty insurance about a month before my current insurance was up. The quote was good, compared to a few others it was the best I could get so I decided to renew but didn't get around to it immediately.
    About a two weeks before the renewal was due I got a message from Liberty saying that since I had not yet renewed they would offer me a 5% discount on the quote.

Moral of the story: might be worth waiting till the last minute if you are renewing, I know I will be in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just got a quote of €303 from its4women for comprehensive car insurance using your iradio code. Thanks

DopeTech wrote: »
    Just got a quote of €303 from its4women for comprehensive car insurance using your iradio code. Thanks

Credit where credit is due, I got it from one of these these threads.

• Advertisement

Would appreciate any active promo codes, just received my AA renewal up from €370 last year to €670.

Advertisement