Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Chiorino wrote: »
    Won't ship to NI so parcel motel of no use. Not sure what way addresspal works. Have tried to buy a number of different earphones like these recently on amazon but nobody seems to deliver to the Republic or NI either anymore.
    Addresspal are based on mainland UK

Offer is avaiable here also for €82.99 + €10 shipping if you use mailboxde.com

https://www.amazon.de/AUKEY-Wireless-Playtime-Water-Resistance-Bluetooth/dp/B07QQT9LBF

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Chiorino wrote: »
    Won't ship to NI so parcel motel of no use. Not sure what way addresspal works. Have tried to buy a number of different earphones like these recently on amazon but nobody seems to deliver to the Republic or NI either anymore.

Addresspal sends from UK to An Post, into the Irish parcel mountain pre Christmas.
    I often baught from Amazon off peak, which would normally take 2/3 days to my home, but through Addresspal because I had to, take about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Thanks folks, never thought to look into addresspal until now. Anyway, signed up and ordered through amazon without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

My amazon.es finally turned up cover I ordered from Ali arrived same day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sioda wrote: »
    My amazon.es finally turned up cover I ordered from Ali arrived same day 😂

the redmi earphones I ordered from the amazon.es link that was posted were shipped from china. or at least mine were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I purchased a pair of Mpow T3 last year and they work great but they are a bit bulky.

I ordered a pair of these Tronsmart for work and they arrived today.

I'm very impressed with the sound quality and slimline profile, they fit flush with the ear.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I went for a set of Tiso i6s yesterday.
    I’m still fighting with Tiso for a refund on my i5s due to the sound dropping off on the right ear - but decided that passing up the new model at €18 would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

My Xiaomi Air Dots arrived this morning after nearly two months waiting

As expected they won't stay in my unusually shaped ears

If anyone here wants them I'll happily sell for what I paid on Gearbest for them ($22 https://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009839056462.html?wid=1349303) plus postage to wherever you might be based

They have literally been in my ears for less than ten seconds (as they fell out!)

lassykk wrote: »

If anyone here wants them I'll happily sell for what I paid on Gearbest for them ($22 https://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009839056462.html?wid=1349303) plus postage to wherever you might be based

They have literally been in my ears for less than ten seconds (as they fell out!)
    Have you tried different tips? Foam tips, Flange tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you tried different tips? Foam tips, Flange tips?

Thanks for your reply.

The only tips that work for me are the Bose ones which you or someone else on this thread kindly linked for me to Aliexpress to get for my knock off Airpods (which actually stay in without needing them! but the battery life is shocking). I bought a set of Bose wireless bluetooth ones and they were appalling quality (too heavy and fell out and the wind noise when running outdoor was insane)

The only issue is you have to take them off each time putting them in and out of the charging case and would be the same were I to source them for the Air Dots.

I wouldn't mind paying for a proper set of Airpods but they aren't waterproof and I use them exclusively in the gym

• Advertisement

RHA are rumoured to be having a sale of 30% (or up to 30%) for Black Friday. If the TrueConnect drop much I'll definitely be getting them. Heard nothing but good things.
    30% off would put them around €130.
    https://www.rha-audio.com/gr/products/filter?connector%5B%5D=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'll take you up on that offer! Will PM to discuss the details...
    lassykk wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭54and56

Suckit wrote: »
    RHA are rumoured to be having a sale of 30% (or up to 30%) for Black Friday. If the TrueConnect drop much I'll definitely be getting them. Heard nothing but good things.
    30% off would put them around €130.
    https://www.rha-audio.com/gr/products/filter?connector%5B%5D=2

If you're looking at spending that sort of money it might be worth reading this review and possibly waiting for Googles Pixel Buds 2 to be launched in March/April or if there's a new version of the Samsung Galaxy Buds due soon I'd also look at waiting for those given how good their current buds are.

54and56 wrote: »
    If you're looking at spending that sort of money it might be worth reading this review and possibly waiting for Googles Pixel Buds 2 to be launched in March/April or if there's a new version of the Samsung Galaxy Buds due soon I'd also look at waiting for those given how good their current buds are.

I've read a few (p)reviews of both (pixel and rha), and might be tempted by the Pixel Buds if they aren't mad mone, they look great.
    I am not keen on the idea of spending more than €100 on TWS to be honest, but did like the reviews that I read of those.
    I much prefer wired earphones, but while there are a lot of wireless with decent quality, they are also much more likely to have issues or go missing no matter how careful you are with them. That would be the main reason I don't like the idea of spending a lot of money on them, but the odd pair for use at home and a few other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Seen few people also took the punt on these. I'm fairly happy with mine must say , especially under a wooly hat in this weather but for those interested also combined them with some inairs for the gym for extra security/fit when running https://www.amazon.co.uk/IN%CE%9BIRS-AIR2-Cancelling-Replacement-Headphones-Modell/dp/B00THKPOBO/ref=sr_1_8?qid=1573833606&refinements=p_89%3AINAIRS&s=electronics&sr=1-8 these guys almost act as noise canceling also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Seen few people also took the punt on these. I'm fairly happy with mine must say , especially under a wooly hat in this weather but for those interested also combined them with some inairs for the gym for extra security/fit when running https://www.amazon.co.uk/IN%CE%9BIRS-AIR2-Cancelling-Replacement-Headphones-Modell/dp/B00THKPOBO/ref=sr_1_8?qid=1573833606&refinements=p_89%3AINAIRS&s=electronics&sr=1-8 these guys almost act as noise canceling also.

how long do the inairs last for you ? it says 4 weeks in the description

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Put it this way I purchased the same box I posted on the 29th Nov 2016 (it comes up on amazon when I click on link) to use on some MPow's and I'm still using the same box today. Once you keep them in box or case and don't put them in pocket or places where they pick up dirt etc. they last much longer and can clean with baby wipes.

Worth noting the MiDots do not fit in the charge box with these on them unfort, but as mentioned am only adding them for gym and running so just do quick swap over and don't ever bring the charger box with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Put it this way I purchased the same box I posted on the 29th Nov 2016 (it comes up on amazon when I click on link) to use on some MPow's and I'm still using the same box today. Once you keep them in box or case and don't put them in pocket or places where they pick up dirt etc. they last much longer and can clean with baby wipes.

Worth noting the MiDots do not fit in the charge box with these on them unfort, but as mentioned am only adding them for gym and running so just do quick swap over and don't ever bring the charger box with me.

Thanks for the reply, I need to get them for the gym myself and if they were only going to last 4 weeks I would just get a set if jbl things
    Worth a try at 12 quid

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hey folks, the daughter is looking for airpods from santy so I'm wondering could anyone recommend a decent cheaper version that are white and look (relatively) similar. Assuming if I order soon we should have for Xmas. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

sweetie wrote: »
    Hey folks, the daughter is looking for airpods from santy so I'm wondering could anyone recommend a decent cheaper version that are white and look (relatively) similar. Assuming if I order soon we should have for Xmas. Cheers

Lidl are supposed to be getting an airpod copy.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/11/will-lidls-new-25-truly-wireless-earbuds-be-music-to-your-ears/

• Advertisement

There are a few on amazon too, that should get here fairly quickly (check where seller is shipping from) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tws+i12s+i7s+i10s+i9s&ref=nb_sb_noss
    There are a lot of them if you search all individually, i7s, i10s, i12s etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Doesn't seem to be delivering to Ireland anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Doesn't seem to be delivering to Ireland anymore.

Weird worked for me up to payment stage. Delivery takes a bit but mine have been excellent so far and some cool case covers available on Ali for Feic all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

sioda wrote: »
    Weird worked for me up to payment stage. Delivery takes a bit but mine have been excellent so far and some cool case covers available on Ali for Feic all

Very weird. I was having problems with buying after adding them to the cart. But was able to buy them by going straight to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

sweetie wrote: »

I just bought i500 TWS from this link.

They are airpod 2 clones. They look identical. They work pretty well.

Sound is good - i would say comparable to the regular earpods. I've never worn airpods so can't compare.
    They connect perfectly to iphone when they are taken out of the case, with the same popup on screen as the airpods.
    Only downside is the case gives off an electrical hiss when they are wirelessly charging each airpod. You only notice it when they are up close, but it is quite annoying.

Shipping took 2 weeks for me (standard shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I just bought i500 TWS from this link.

They are airpod 2 clones. They look identical. They work pretty well.

Sound is good - i would say comparable to the regular earpods. I've never worn airpods so can't compare.
    They connect perfectly to iphone when they are taken out of the case, with the same popup on screen as the airpods.
    Only downside is the case gives off an electrical hiss when they are wirelessly charging each airpod. You only notice it when they are up close, but it is quite annoying.

Shipping took 2 weeks for me (standard shipping)

I think your chances of getting anything from china in 2 weeks at this this time of year is slim to none. I ordered a couple of things over the weekend and i dont expect them until after christmas.

I think your chances of getting anything from china in 2 weeks at this this time of year is slim to none. I ordered a couple of things over the weekend and i dont expect them until after christmas.

I've no idea, but you could be right.

I ordered i6's on 11/11 and as of Friday they had shipped from HK airport (presumably to London HR). I'd expected it to take longer to get out of China, but i'd imagine i'll get them now in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What charger do the i500s take? Is it an apple connection?

antodeco wrote: »
    What charger do the i500s take? Is it an apple connection?

It's a wireless charging case, with an apple lightning port also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks, ordered 2 sets. My daughter is getting proper refurbed airpods, but these will be fine for anytime she can lose them!

Advertisement