Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy white goods for office (cheap boss)

Options
  • 29-01-2020 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

We’re doing a new office fit out and one of the things I’m insisting with the boss is some white goods, specifically a dishwasher, some mini fridges and a mini washing machine so we can wash hand towels and dishcloths.

The boss is as tight as .... so he’ll only do it on condition that I keep the the cost to a minimum. Can anyone suggest a place to pick up new or nearly new white goods at a good price ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

We’re doing a new office fit out and one of the things I’m insisting with the boss is some white goods, specifically a dishwasher, some mini fridges and a mini washing machine so we can wash hand towels and dishcloths.

The boss is as tight as .... so he’ll only do it on condition that I keep the the cost to a minimum. Can anyone suggest a place to pick up new or nearly new white goods at a good price ?

Compare prices on this website:

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/content/home-appliances

I've saved over €500 on three Samsung televisions compared to purchasing the exact same models from currys or Harvey Norman's
    Also a single large fridge is cheaper on electricy than a number of small fridges,
    Argos are very cheap for toasters
    A George forman would be a better option if going for a sandwich maker/toaster
    Best to go for the George Forman as it's easier cleaned and can cook other items aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

LenWoods wrote: »
    Compare prices on this website:

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/content/home-appliances

I've saved over €500 on three Samsung televisions compared to purchasing the exact same models from currys or Harvey Norman's
    Also a single large fridge is cheaper on electricy than a number of small fridges,
    Argos are very cheap for toasters
    A George forman would be a better option if going for a sandwich maker/toaster
    Best to go for the George Forman as it's easier cleaned and can cook other items aswell.

Thanks. Regarding the fridge, we don't have the room for a large fridge which is why we need to go for the smaller versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If in Dublin try Baize house
    https://www.baize.ie/webshop.php?action=3

End of line, damaged in transit and ex display

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

whats your budget?

look at all the different suppliers and work out the cheapest you can get it.

currys. ie
    did.ie
    expert.ie
    powercity.ie
    appliancesdelivered.ie
    ikea.ie
    B&Q

etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

daheff wrote: »
    whats your budget?

currys. ie
    did.ie
    expert.ie
    powercity.ie
    appliancesdelivered.ie
    ikea.ie
    B&Q

etc etc

The boss is basically looking for "something for nothing" as he puts it. So whatever the least expensive option is he'll go for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

The boss is basically looking for "something for nothing" as he puts it. So whatever the least expensive option is he'll go for that.

Try Adverts.ie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

LenWoods wrote: »
    Try Adverts.ie lol

or gumtree.ie

but if hes looking for something for nothing...well you'll get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

daheff wrote: »
    whats your budget?

currys. ie
    did.ie
    expert.ie
    powercity.ie
    appliancesdelivered.ie
    ikea.ie
    B&Q

etc etc

currys. ie - overpriced, and crap service
    did.ie - not the cheapest, but excellent service
    expert.ie - as did
    powercity.ie - well priced, service ok
    appliancesdelivered.ie - gone bust
    ikea.ie - only fitted goods
    B&q - can be good for basics. Prices quite good too.

Of above, b&q would suit op best

Advertisement