Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commencement notice

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Effects wrote: »
    Will it affect the planning decision though, given that the work started early? It's not really that much of an issue, as other houses on the road have similar size extensions. The garden space rule might be pushed a bit though.

Your not making any sense unfortunately.
    You don’t “push” the garden docs in an application. The garden space is a requirements for exempted development.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Will it affect the planning decision though, given that the work started early? It's not really that much of an issue, as other houses on the road have similar size extensions. The garden space rule might be pushed a bit though.
    what exactly did you apply for? Retention?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Gumbo wrote: »
    Your not making any sense unfortunately.
    You don’t “push” the garden docs in an application. The garden space is a requirements for exempted development.

Ah ok, I though you needed 10 sq m of garden, per bed space in the house.

muffler wrote: »
    what exactly did you apply for? Retention?

Permission that's applied for is for an 80 sqm rear extension, large rear garage and new driveway to front.

But builder is ploughing ahead with the work while awaiting permission to come through.

Permission that's applied for is for an 80 sqm rear extension, large rear garage and new driveway to front.

But builder is ploughing ahead with the work while awaiting permission to come through.
    You do realise that if/when the planner sees that works have commenced your current application will be invalidated and returned to you?

• Advertisement

You do realise that if/when the planner sees that works have commenced your current application will be invalidated and returned to you?

If that was the case, then why would the architect and builder decide it was ok to go ahead with the works?

I guess this will then leave no option other than to apply for retention instead?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If that was the case, then why would the architect and builder decide it was ok to go ahead with the works?

I guess this will then leave no option other than to apply for retention instead?

Quite simply, because you have a bunch of cowboys engaged that are taking you for a mug.

If the sh1t hits the fan, it’s you that pays. Not them.

When did you lodge for planning?

They wouldnt have done anything without instructions from yourself.

You are coming across as incredibly naive. I suspect there's a lot more going on here that we arent being told.

March 16th 2021 planning was lodged. Building work started in January 2021, but mainly internal, and demolition of single storey rear section of the house.
    April 12th builders decided it was ok to start more obvious work, so took out the front railings of the house, rear wall that backs on to a lane, and excavate and pour the foundations.

They wouldnt have done anything without instructions from yourself.

You are coming across as incredibly naive. I suspect there's a lot more going on here that we arent being told.

I better just not say anything more so, and will update in a couple of months once I find out what DCC decide regarding planning, etc.

Thanks for all the helpful input from everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

March 16th 2021 planning was lodged. Building work started in January 2021, but mainly internal, and demolition of single storey rear section of the house.
    April 12th builders decided it was ok to start more obvious work, so took out the front railings of the house, rear wall that backs on to a lane, and excavate and pour the foundations.

I'm so confused. Building work started in January when building work closed down? And that amount of work has been done with no planning?
    I know you're keen to crack on but this is ringing so many alarm bells. I would put a hold on everything and put your heads together with all the parties. You'll be the one made to tear something down if it's non compliant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ah ok. I assume the architects will look after it in that case. It's 80 sq metres, and in an Architectural Conservation Area. Planning hasn't been approved yet, but decision due next month from DCC. Site excavated and putting the foundations down this week.
    OP, you’re around long enough to know we obey the law in this forum. there has also been an accusation that the thread is fiction. Closing the thread now, but if you’d like to discuss please PM the mods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement