Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

better off with Aliexpress and the full MS Office suite (inc. Access) right up to date for a few Euro and multi install licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

slave1 wrote: »
    better off with Aliexpress and the full MS Office suite (inc. Access) right up to date for a few Euro and multi install licence

Would you have a link to a reliable one please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Home & Student - £14.99
    Professional Plus - £29.99

To save everyone having to click the link to check prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Seems legit lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplefields

Thanks OP. Just bought Professional Plus (which includes access)

Would rather buy something legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

wingnut wrote: »
    Seems legit lol

No worse than the Pro Plus offer in the OP's link.

Pro Plus is not a retail product. It's sold to enterprise/corporates under volume license agreements. All these cheap keys are from someone reselling those keys in violation of that agreement.

They might work forever, but they could also be blacklisted by MSFT without notice. There's also potential privacy issues are these keys are not yours, they're part of someone else's license.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    No worse than the Pro Plus offer in the OP's link.

Pro Plus is not a retail product. It's sold to enterprise/corporates under volume license agreements. All these cheap keys are from someone reselling those keys in violation of that agreement.

They might work forever, but they could also be blacklisted by MSFT without notice. There's also potential privacy issues are these keys are not yours, they're part of someone else's license.

I would have thought that buying from Groupon, you'd be guaranteed that what ever they were selling is 100% legal.

Now that I've got my code, I can see that it is in fact a 'pre-owned' licence.

I'm very disappointed with this, and will be looking for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

slave1 wrote: »

That's some deal!!
    My daughter had to get MS word for college and pays a 7 euro per month sub for it. We'd obviously be better off buying it from the link above ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Sconsey

That's some deal!!
    My daughter had to get MS word for college and pays a 7 euro per month sub for it. We'd obviously be better off buying it from the link above ?

I don't think it is a like-for-like comparison...you are buying an Office 365 subscription (make sure she is getting student rates), the license they are selling is for the standalone Office product. I doubt you get things like Onedrive storage without the 365 subscription.

The product description on that aliexpress is bull by the way, there is no lifetime Office 365 product, it is a subscription model.

Edit:/ students should be able to get it for free https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/education/students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's some deal!!

She should check with the college about home use rights for students.

Most of the colleges have a volume licence agreement as I referenced above. For colleges (and indeed schools) this is an education agreement that allows students to be provided with the likes of Office and install at home/on their device while they remain a student in the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

That's some deal!!

Office 365 is free for most students with a 3rd level email address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Ah OK....thanks folks :)

Groupon refunded me. They were quick to offer the refund.

Thanks for the info _Kaiser_

It wasn't even a proper Microsoft download. Some third party site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Office 365 on Amazon for £49 today for a year. Family 1 year subscription - 6 accounts including 1TB of One Drive.

I buy multiple and stack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

SachaJ wrote: »
    Office 365 on Amazon for £49 today for a year. Family 1 year subscription - 6 accounts including 1TB of One Drive.

I buy multiple and stack them.

Extend for 6 years?

How does one do same?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_win10-mso_365hp/windows-subscription-stacking/4176c66e-b552-4c41-b393-00ed21fc5098#:~:text=If%20you%20add%20the%20same,for%20up%20to%205%20years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

seligehgit wrote: »

Buy as many as you need, register on Microsoft and go into your subscriptions page and add the codes. They stack up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

That's some deal!!

Surely if she is in college there is a free MS Office suite to download. Ask the IT dept within the college and they can help. Pretty sure secondary schools have access for free as well

Advertisement