Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Rain has stopped in allihies and still calm. Where's the storm??

Just went outside for 10 mins and the wind has picked up. Nothing Worthy of a warning just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heathrow flights cancelled for the evening from Shannon. You'd imagine anything after 8 won't be flying, or at least not on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just went outside for 10 mins and the wind has picked up. Nothing Worthy of a warning just yet

Out fishing, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Sting jet looks likely and heading for Kerry/Clare. Good calls with the red warnings this time.

Will it clip cork coast as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That's good because the warnings not active yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Real blast of winds going to hit SW imminently.

Visible satellite is a thing of beauty- perfectly structured wind-storm hitting its peak at it nears landfall.

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Heathrow flights cancelled for the evening from Shannon. You'd imagine anything after 8 won't be flying, or at least not on purpose.

Heathrow and AMS cancelled from Cork by AL aswell, same reason I am assuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Out fishing, by any chance?

Lol,. Definitely not

warnings not even active yet, but can hear the gusts hitting my house here in Cork City already. Gusting up to 37kts at Cork Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lab man wrote: »
    Its southerly south west wind

The strongest winds are the north westerly winds on the south western flank of the storm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Birtles wrote: »
    Suppose I had better avoid the Tarbert-Killimer Ferry this eve??!!

It will only be running from tarbert out as far as the county boundary in the middle of the river and then turning back :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Wind is really starting to show here now in Listowel (North Kerry). Very noticeable increase within the last 30 minutes. 43kts registered in Ballybunion so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Strong winds becoming more constant here on the Mizen Peninsula but interspersed with periods of brilliant sunshine! Weird weather...

Yakult wrote: »
    Wind is really starting to show here now in Listowel (North Kerry). Very noticeable increase within the last 30 minutes. 43kts registered in Ballybunion so far.

Starting to blow in Killarney as well. Think it's time to make my away home .

Red issued for Kerry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭thomil

Noticeably picking up here in Ballincollig now. Strong gusts, and sustained winds have picked up as well. Rain has sopped though. Air pressure holding at 996.1mb, temperature hovering around 11.8°C

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a wind springing up up here and heavy rain. west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Everybody remain calm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Red warning for Kerry very last minute.. this has really gone down to the wire. Could we see a red warning for Cork yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

What’s the forecast wind gusts for north Cork at this stage? It was looking like a Red this morning but I presume we are well below that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

irishfeen wrote: »
    What’s the forecast wind gusts for north Cork at this stage? It was looking like a Red this morning but I presume we are well below that now?

Have a look at www.windy.com

Seems to fit well with the warnings that ME are giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

You would have to question the benefit of issuing a red for kerry so late. Kerry was always going to take a direct hit and should have been included this morning. Cork is borderline and I can understand the hesitancy there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭endainoz

The wind forecast video on the met eireann app is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm ,Roaches point gusting 56 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

4pm ,Roaches point gusting 56 knots
    Almost as high already as the highest gust forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Almost as high already as the highest gust forecast

Roches Point is a bit offshore though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Clare side of the University of Limerick campus be shut down at 8 pm. Limerick side of the campus stays open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys if you are posting Storm Hannah conditions as it happens will you please say the location, the number of posters who give conditions and don't say where they are is annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

You would have to question the benefit of issuing a red for kerry so late. Kerry was always going to take a direct hit and should have been included this morning. Cork is borderline and I can understand the hesitancy there

As I said earlier county wide warnings are pointless. Ballybunion and the aran islands have been far more in the firing line all day than say scarriff but were excluded earlier.

Public service in east clare would be in shut down even though its possibly unnecessary, relative to say inismor.

Advertisement