Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

BNMC wrote: »
    Scumbags? Where did I call any teenager a scumbag?

I just use "scumbag" to describe anyone who acts in a disrespectful manner, read no more into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Rip offs! :D

We called them "tear aways"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Seachmall wrote: »
    I just use "scumbag" to describe anyone who acts in a disrespectful manner, read no more into it.
    So you're generalising. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Teenagers are a lot more confident and socially well adjusted compared to us in our day.
    Dunno about that. Social media is causing all kinds of problems that are very difficult to tackle.
    seamus wrote: »
    Yes you are old
    No he's not.
    music was not much better back then.
    Yes it was. People keep saying chart music is not getting worse, it's the same as it always was, which is clearly not true. There was a time when Blondie was chart/pop music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Seachmall wrote: »

Youth is wasted on the Young! Shame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I'm 26, so I surely can't be accused of being an old fart.

Is it just me or are a lot of teenagers nowadays absolute arseholes? With their stupid looking hairstyles, skinny jeans and chinos. They are obsessed with Facebook, Snapchat and all that irrelevent bollox that comes with the iPhone generation. Swag? Yolo? Lel? Fuck off!

You sure you're 26 and not 56? As almost every twenty something I know is a pretty heavy user of snapchat and facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I fuckin love chinos.

I finally realized I was old when it occurred to me that chinos no longer mean those half mast aul fella jobs with the pleats and the iron crease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

We called them "tear aways"

Yes...and "yahoos","gougers","cornerboys","gurriers" and "hooligans".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Dunno about that. Social media is causing all kinds of problems that are very difficult to tackle.

To be fair I think it's the 20 and 30 somethings that are having chronic issues with social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

And as regards music how can you blame teenagers for that?? They listen to what is music at the time, they don't make the music.

• Advertisement

Pai Mei wrote: »
    And as regards music how can you blame teenagers for that?? They listen to what is music at the time, they don't make the music.
    For the third time.

I DID NOT MENTION MUSIC!!!

What are ya going on about? "they don't make the music."...what is Justin Beiber and One Direction doing???

What designs the future!

So you're generalising. :pac:
    BNMC, what is YOUR motive! eh????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Lel?
    Yeah, me too. WTF is Lel??

Yeah, me too. WTF is Lel??
    I don't know. I've heard it a few times now and I'm still not sure.

Still don't know what swag is either. :confused:

renraw wrote: »
    What are ya going on about? "they don't make the music."...what is Justin Beiber and One Direction doing???

What designs the future!

Most of their music is prob written for them (maybe JB's isn't but 1D don't write their own) plus do you think that they really get to decide for themselves what they do?? Most of the things they do are directed at teenagers. You can't say music of late is teenagers' fault.

I don't know. I've heard it a few times now and I'm still not sure.

Still don't know what swag is either. :confused:
    You need 52 swag to have 1 swig. Swig is where it's at. That much I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Swag is when you get a boner and wag it like a dogs tail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

chopper6 wrote: »
    Yes...and "yahoos","gougers","cornerboys","gurriers" and "hooligans".

When I said "tear aways" I meant the tracksuits bottoms with the buttons down the side, not the people :)

Most of their music is prob written for them (maybe JB's isn't but 1D don't write their own) plus do you think that they really get to decide for themselves what they do?? Most of the things they do are directed at teenagers. You can't say music of late is teenagers' fault.

Ah here lass, c'mon...please...seriously? Most of the things they do are directed at teenagers. You can't say music of late is teenagers' fault...

ahhh...enough!

• Advertisement

Lel
    Unlike what many people think lel is not an acronym in the same fashion that LOL is (it does not mean laughing extremely loud, laughing extra loud or similar). Lel (and variations including lal) resulted from the use of random vowels substituted in place of the 'o' in LOL. These vowels were used in an attempt to be different from the millions of internet gamers. The word however, in essence, still means LOL.

Urban dictionary's meaning......

Lel
    Unlike what many people think lel is not an acronym in the same fashion that LOL is (it does not mean laughing extremely loud, laughing extra loud or similar). Lel (and variations including lal) resulted from the use of random vowels substituted in place of the 'o' in LOL. These vowels were used in an attempt to be different from the millions of internet gamers. The word however, in essence, still means LOL.

Grow up, you offensive person!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

When I said "tear aways" I meant the tracksuits bottoms with the buttons down the side, not the people :)

Lol...i'm obviously showing my age here!

Lel

so it's like swig? I.E the non-nerdy version of an overdone hence ironic reference? I know my teens use "he got swag" as a slagging for people who don't. This teen-speak is complex sh1t. Fish is the newest it seems - fcuk it, sh1t happens, fwiw.

Ah here lass, c'mon...please...seriously? Most of the things they do are directed at teenagers. You can't say music of late is teenagers' fault...

ahhh...enough!

LOL I'm a lad and how would say that it is their fault?? You hardly think that if teenagers didn't like this music then they would rise up and demand something better that older people would also like?? When you were a teenager did you have a choice about what came on the radio??

I'm 26, so I surely can't be accused of being an old fart.

Is it just me or are a lot of teenagers nowadays absolute arseholes? With their stupid looking hairstyles, skinny jeans and chinos. They are obsessed with Facebook, Snapchat and all that irrelevent bollox that comes with the iPhone generation. Swag? Yolo? Lel? Fuck off!

And don't get me started on the whole American accent shite that some of them come out with. OMG!

You very rarely see many of them outside kicking a football these days. This is what me and my friends mostly did when I was a teen. On our days off school we would be gone from the house all day and our parents would almost have to drag us into the house when it got dark.

Halloween is nowhere near what it used to be, teens are not interested in collecting for bonfires anymore and it's rare to hear a few bangers going off. Again, this is what me and my friends did when I was a teen.

Feck it maybe I am just an old fart. :(

I'm hoping..no, praying, you're being ironic there!

LOL I'm a lad and how would say that it is their fault?? You hardly think that if teenagers didn't like this music then they would rise up and demand something better that older people would also like?? When you were a teenager did you have a choice about what came on the radio??

For one? We didn't have the internet and Duran Duran did not influence, but encourage! 2: the internet DID NOT exist and the world was a good place

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Specialun wrote: »
    Are they still snowballing
    Yes, but only after a heavy snowfall :rolleyes:

For one? We didn't have the internet and Duran Duran did not influence, but encourage! 2: the internet DID NOT exist and the world was a good place

Dafuq has this got to do with music?? In what way does the internet have to do with what teenagers listen to??

• Advertisement

My apologies, now I realise what I have been "discussing" stuff with....sorry guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement