Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish conviction rates?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Not sure if this is the best place for this post, but I thought you guys, of all people would know.

I'm doing a psychology project, but I need to get statistics for conviction rates in Ireland. I have a stat stating that 40% of men in the UK have been convicted at least once in their lives (Home Office, 2002), and I'm looking for something similar for Ireland. Where would I look for such a statistic?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

You might find something here;

http://www.statcentral.ie/viewstats.asp?type=Crime%20and%20Justice

The QNHS modules are based on sample data - I'm not sure if such aggregate figures as you require are avalable for manipulation. If you are interested in gender differences, you can play around with the pulse system statistics (and sort by gener) from the CSO's website - just be careful, as the system distinguishes between detected and recorded crime, which may lead to under-enumeration in certain categories.

Advertisement