Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 18 (Méribel - La Roche-sur-Foron, 175 km)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I really don't understand why Pinot & Buchmann havent dropped out. Pinot, fair enough gave it a go on a few stages but his body was saying no. Buchmann i've not seen since the first few stages, he hasnt attempted to do anything and the mountains are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Doc07

The Buster wrote: »
    After the finish on Eurosport I do switch over in TG4. Eurosport cut coverage 7 or 8 mins after stage whereas TG4 wait til all arrive

Unless there is GAA on and then they cut long before the finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

retalivity wrote: »
    I really don't understand why Pinot & Buchmann havent dropped out. Pinot, fair enough gave it a go on a few stages but his body was saying no. Buchmann i've not seen since the first few stages, he hasnt attempted to do anything and the mountains are over.

I didn't see why anyone would drop out, its the biggest race in the world and finishing it is an amazing achievement so kudos to them for sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I read that on Cycling News.
    Any idea what he did or said?

It seems to have happened at the after race bike check.

Being pretty vague about it but seems he was abusive and aggressive toward the person checking that their bikes confirmed to the rules but no idea what he actually said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Inquitus wrote: »
    Hard to see the intermediate sprint is late on and its decidedly hilly, plus it's Bora's last roll of the dice!

I wonder could ineos go all out to get Carapaz the KOM point on offer? He might need it in case Pogačar wins the TT?

• Advertisement

The Poge and Roge show is done.

I wonder could ineos go all out to get Carapaz the KOM point on offer? He might need it in case Pogačar wins the TT?

I think the KOM in the ITT will be based on just the time of the final section after the split with 6km to go. So Carapaz can take it handy up to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I think the KOM in the ITT will be based on just the time of the final section after the split with 6km to go. So Carapaz can take it handy up to there.

If that's the case, could carapaz just rid it on the climbing bike and use the section before the climb to warm up and horse into the climb

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sam needs to make the sprint tomorrow for me as I don't think Sagan has legs for the stage win at all.
    I've really enjoyed watching the early exchanges for the break each day, it's something we don't normally see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I didn't see why anyone would drop out, its the biggest race in the world and finishing it is an amazing achievement so kudos to them for sticking with it.

They've both ridden it a completed it plenty of times.
    I meant more I don't understand why they don't drop out and target something else, like the Giro/Vuelta/Worlds etc. as the tour plan went to pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

retalivity wrote: »
    They've both ridden it a completed it plenty of times.
    I meant more I don't understand why they don't drop out and target something else, like the Giro/Vuelta/Worlds etc. as the tour plan went to pot.

There’s other riders in those teams who’ve been promised rides. And if they haven’t the legs here, dropping out now won’t help them much for the Giro that starts in 2 weeks

Finishing the Tour is always an accomplishment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It could be that they don't want to upset the team sponsors or there could be bonuses for finishing the tour from individual sponsors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Is it just me that's amused that Ineos rebranded the team for the launch of a new car, yet that car doesn't even serve as their team car? :pac:

I was fully expecting a fleet of Grenadiers following them around and instead it's Mercedes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is it just me that's amused that Ineos rebranded the team for the launch of a new car, yet that car doesn't even serve as their team car? :pac:

I was fully expecting a fleet of Grenadiers following them around and instead it's Mercedes...

I had to Google that, never knew that’s what Ineos were/ did. One would think they’d use their own vehicles for promotion alright.,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Team cars are supplied by the TDF. All the teams have the same ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Dodge wrote: »
    Team cars are supplied by the TDF. All the teams have the same ones

I don't think that's right.
    Skoda supply the official cars, race directors, commissaires, V.I.P.s etc.
    But he teams supply their own. One of the teams have BMWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

they are too tall at 2m.

UCI rules nerd alert.... :)

2.2.032 Except in time trials, all the vehicles accompanying the race are restricted to a maximum
    height of 1.66 m (not including roof bars).

Yes, sure Sky used to have Jaguars a few years ago! Pretty sure Sunweb drive Minis etc...

lennymc wrote: »
    they are too tall at 2m.

UCI rules nerd alert.... :)

2.2.032 Except in time trials, all the vehicles accompanying the race are restricted to a maximum
    height of 1.66 m (not including roof bars).

Not the answer I was expecting, but a tremendous one nonetheless :pac:

Thanks!

actually, the grenadiers are powered by mercedes, so there is probably some commercial agreement there

• Advertisement

arent the medical cars supplied by VW, (who are part of VAG, who own Skoda (and Lambourghini)). I dont believe Skoda have a convertible at the moment, but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^
    quite right. I forgot about the medics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

lennymc wrote: »
    actually, the grenadiers are powered by mercedes, so there is probably some commercial agreement there

Ineo sponsors mercedes F1 too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Meridian mclaren are in Audi’s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Green jersey surely in the bag now for Bennett??

3 gone off the front of the peloton there and no response from Bora at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Meridian mclaren are in Audi’s

You would think that they should be in a McLaren :D

142_23171568449491.jpg

Advertisement