Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with HPV vaccine in Ireland?

Options
  • 06-11-2020 11:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I understand the price runs to about 800 euro for the three shots?

Correct?

I'm 30+ and have had the "Epstein barr" virus already, does that mean I'm not a candidate?

I think it's been introduced as compulsory when kids are getting their shots in school now etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Mod note
    There is no research that has found the HPV vaccine to be unsafe, and the there is strong evidence for its benefits. Relevant studies on its safety and effectiveness has been compiled here.

check out the irish families affected website
    regret.ie
    harrowing personal testimonials of girls
    lives destroyed.
    AFAIK its not compulsory but
    opt in consent - most complain that the dumbed down pamphlet provided in conjunction with the adult learning csntre removed the majority of health warning detail that would be even in a standard packet of panadol - therefore not providing the level of information required to make an informed decision amd removing any warning of what could happen that wouod have lead them to spot the side effects and stop the second round of injections before more damage could be done to their children. Many have never been the same since or have had to leave school or college permanently. shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

About 600 i think.

EBV would not stop you getting the HPV vaccine if you want it

Not compulsory. Being offered for free

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PPN2893

€600-800? Damn. I looked into for adults a few months back but couldn't find much on it straight away so I stopped looking. I would have never guessed it was even close to that much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Wesser wrote: »
    About 600 i think.

EBV would not stop you getting the HPV vaccine if you want it

Not compulsory. Being offered for free

:confused:

It seems prudent to me but those gardasil tales do elicit a sense of caution.

What's this "offered for free" you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

You refer to the kids in the schools
    . They get it for ' free' ( ie the taxpayer pays for it)
    After that...m of you miss that chance.... its not free any more. You have to pay for it ( approx e200 a shot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

It’s free in the public sti clinics

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

adam88 wrote: »
    It’s free in the public sti clinics

Free to anyone?

Could you tell me more about this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Moyglish wrote: »
    Free to anyone?

Could you tell me more about this please?

Just go to an sti clinic for a check up and you’ll be offered the hpv vaccine along with the hep B one. Not sure of age limits but if you ring you’ll get info

adam88 wrote: »
    Just go to an sti clinic for a check up and you’ll be offered the hpv vaccine along with the hep B one. Not sure of age limits but if you ring you’ll get info

Yes, you are correct.

Free.

Hep A is also available apparently?

That's awesome.
    I'm seriously on the fence about this Gardasil related series of possible effects.

Extremely rare, but documented cases none the less.

HPV I mean, is that even an issue with men?

I would hate to be in the rare category.

Hep A/B and HPV seem to comprise the complete battery of STI related vaccines...??

New Gardasil vaccine came online in July of this year also.

Gardasil 9?

Protects against an additional 5 strains of HPV?

I wonder does it still use mercury as a preservative? (postulated cause of adverse affects in former incarnation).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

To all poster, please refrain from making unsubstantiated claims about a medical intervention.

LaptopGremlin - neither Gardasil 9 nor Gardasil contain mercury, it is false to suggest this. The full product information for both of these are accessible through the Health Product Regulatory Agency website (www.hpra.ie).

I recently became aware of this "movement" as it were.

http://www.regret.ie/victims_2.html

I'm determined to get to the bottom of this, "gardasil" controversy.

Firstly - devastating outcomes seems to be consistent with effect on the nervous system.

The reports listed on that site appear almost unquestionably genuine, but because, let's face it - the human nervous system is shockingly poorly understood - there hasn't been definition as to how the vaccine implicates the nervous system to render this devastating outcome.

Additionally, from their facebook page, it seems this group "Regret" are somewhat generally anti-vaccination, recently slating some swedish based flu vaccine also.

Advertisement