Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American travel

• 24-06-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭

Are there flights from America arriving here? Trying to get my sister home asap. Would it be better for her to get a flight to london then to Dublin??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

www.skyscanner.ie

Showing flights, one way, for less than 200 this Saturday via Lisbon.

$750 one way Aerlingus JFK to Dublin tomorrow direct.

Suggest ring airline if you want home ASAP.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

channaigh wrote: »
    Are there flights from America arriving here? Trying to get my sister home asap. Would it be better for her to get a flight to london then to Dublin??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Friend of mine travelled to and from Chicago in the last couple of weeks, is your sister a U.S Citizen or Green card holder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Friend of mine travelled to and from Chicago in the last couple of weeks, is your sister a U.S Citizen or Green card holder?

Yes she is a US citizen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sounds immediate and necessary, fair enough. But Quarantine for 14 days should be done too. The US is rampant with cases now. Hope it works out, and she and your family are sensible about it too on her arrival here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

channaigh wrote: »
    Yes she is a US citizen

Under the circumstances then try look for a flight into London or Dublin, whichever is quicker and available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Aer Lingus has flights most days from

Chicago ORD
    New York JFK
    Boston BOS

Fly soon before the EU shutdown US travel entirely.

Fly direct to avoid immigration issues on transfer and to minimise your interaction with people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Aer Lingus has flights most days from

Chicago ORD
    New York JFK
    Boston BOS

Fly soon before the EU shutdown US travel entirely.

Fly direct to avoid immigration issues on transfer and to minimise your interaction with people

Only EU citizens can return home to Europe and American's or Green Card holders can return to America, travel is effectively shutdown as it is. Only Dual-Citizens can currently move freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭paddy19

theguzman wrote: »
    Only EU citizens can return home to Europe and American's or Green Card holders can return to America, travel is effectively shutdown as it is. Only Dual-Citizens can currently move freely.

:confused:

DFA say nothing about legally restricting visitors from anywhere!

The only legal requirement is to complete a form.
    There are plenty of advisories but they don't legally stop anyone.

https://dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/coronavirus/

What to do on entering Ireland from abroad:

"Passengers arriving to Ireland from overseas are obliged
    to complete a mandatory Public Health Passenger Locator Form
    and to submit it to the relevant authority at their port of entry.
    This includes Irish residents. Exemptions are in place for
    providers of essential supply chain services such as hauliers,
    pilots and maritime staff. Check the Irish Government Advice Page
    for full information on these requirements."

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

As far as I understand there is no restriction on Americans flying into Ireland. On the website for the Irish Embassy in Washington DC it says:
    "While the US Government has introduced restrictions on travel to the US from Ireland, there are no restrictions on flights from the US to Ireland. Irish citizens, and others, are free to leave the US on any scheduled flights from a US airport and transatlantic flights continue to operate, albeit with schedule changes"

Anyway, I'm wondering will this potential flight ban impact ireland... I haven't seen my boyfriend since December and he's due to fly in on Wednesday at 4am from Boston. Which is the day the flight ban is supposed to go ahead...

rorrissey wrote: »
    As far as I understand there is no restriction on Americans flying into Ireland. On the website for the Irish Embassy in Washington DC it says:
    "While the US Government has introduced restrictions on travel to the US from Ireland, there are no restrictions on flights from the US to Ireland. Irish citizens, and others, are free to leave the US on any scheduled flights from a US airport and transatlantic flights continue to operate, albeit with schedule changes"

Anyway, I'm wondering will this potential flight ban impact ireland... I haven't seen my boyfriend since December and he's due to fly in on Wednesday at 4am from Boston. Which is the day the flight ban is supposed to go ahead...

So it is just a ban on American's into Schengen so?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yes. That ban will be extended too once EU leaders reach a deal. How it will effect Ireland is unknown but we are part of those discussions at EU level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

My understanding is that it will be on *passengers* flying from the United States, regardless of nationality (some exceptions) . It's the departure point - not what passport you hold.

My understanding is that it will be on *passengers* flying from the United States, regardless of nationality (some exceptions) . It's the departure point - not what passport you hold.

I don't think they can legally prevent Irish citizens returning home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I don't think they can legally prevent Irish citizens returning home.

Which is why I said with exceptions!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Pardon the late reply.

Has anyone else come across the 212(f) waiver? I'm hoping to get into Ohio for some medical treatment between Christmas and New Years. My ESTA is still valid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Shtanto wrote: »
    Pardon the late reply.

Has anyone else come across the 212(f) waiver? I'm hoping to get into Ohio for some medical treatment between Christmas and New Years. My ESTA is still valid

Unless you're an American citizen or Green Card holder you wont be permitted entry. I dont see it changing until after Biden takes office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Lots of news articles this week say that the White house is currently thinking of removing the ban between EU and the US. Reports the Trump could remove the ban.

As to whether that happens soon remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭SweetSand

Shtanto wrote: »
    Pardon the late reply.

I think you could try to apply for NIE from US embassy in Dublin. I read about one case here and they got it approved but they still had an awful time in Dublin airport going through immigration. They did make it trough and no problem once through. Otherwise - you won’t be able to go unless restrictions are lifted.

Advertisement