Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 visits needed for a root canal, costs very high

Options
  • 25-11-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

So I’m just out of the dentist for my second root canal visit, and at the very end I was told I’ll need a 3rd visit as the cavity was bigger than they thought.

Costing upwards of €800+ for one tooth.

Did this sound right or? I was never told that it would go over 2 visits so I am a bit annoyed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    So I’m just out of the dentist for my second root canal visit, and at the very end I was told I’ll need a 3rd visit as the cavity was bigger than they thought.

Costing upwards of €800+ for one tooth.

Did this sound right or? I was never told that it would go over 2 visits so I am a bit annoyed

Sounds right I paid €900 about 12 years ago but that did include the a cap for the tooth also.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Car99 wrote: »
    Sounds right I paid €900 about 12 years ago but that did include the a cap for the tooth also.

Surely in 12 years technology would have advanced slightly?!

Anyways, good to know. At least I don’t feel ripped off. Probably should have just taken the tooth out! Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Surely in 12 years technology would have advanced slightly?!

Anyways, good to know. At least I don’t feel ripped off. Probably should have just taken the tooth out! Thanks a mil!

Technology has advanced, but evolution has stalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I got 2 root canals redone 2 years ago and it cost me about 900 a tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

My root canal cost about that, maybe 850e 5 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Thank you all for the replies. So I guess €800 is in the normal pricing range.

Braces next! I was quoted €3,500 so I guess I better round it to €5000 ha

Advertisement