Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to call

Options
  • 18-11-2020 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

I have a friend who is looking to speak to a professional about complex incidents from childhood that still cause them anxiety and stress in there life today,

These have been a constant burden on them for the last few years and the finally feel its time to deal with them,

Would anyone know who would be the best people to go to or talk to help with these issues thy don't know where to start

any help would be amazing

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This post is a good starting point, I think, in terms of deciding what would be the most appropriate help, to seek, and guidance about the various types available.

I hope it helps your friend.

At present, due to restrictions, I understand that therapy/ counselling would take place via zoom/ skype.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057956018

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This post is a good starting point, I think, in terms of deciding what would be the most appropriate help, to seek, and guidance about the various types available.

I hope it helps your friend.

At present, due to restrictions, I understand that therapy/ counselling would take place via zoom/ skype.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057956018

Hey Hilda

Thanks for the reply , I was afraid you'd say that about the Zoom / Skype,
    There in a position where they have kind of looked for any excuse to put this on the back burner and I'm afraid that will just give them anther excuse,
    But look at least they have taken the first step , thank for the help

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's to the best of my knowledge. But that may have changed.

Maybe have a look at a practice that might suit your friend, location wise, and check their website. They will most likely mention whether or not they are seeing clients face to face, or virtually.

All the best.

Advertisement