Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two yellowhammers dead on path

• 01-11-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Found two yellowhammers dead on the footpath outside my house this morning. Thought it was odd to find them together like that. Is poison likely or could they both have flown into a window together? No obvious sign of injury on either.

Comments

Could they have been attacked by a bird of prey?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

were there many fireworks nearby? could have startled them into the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Yes fireworks nearby last night but only for a short while and well after dark but guess they could have been startled. Buzzards are about but I’ve never seen them chase any smaller birds. Anyway a shame to see as they are a nice little bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In the past I had great problems with birds hitting windows and found one robin dead. I smeared the windows with white polish.etc.

It is their reflection they go at and the robin thought he had a rival

Advertisement