Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 to spend on...

Options
  • 03-06-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

.....any useless article you like. Or will you go to Pennys. Show me your baskets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

1505206250_exlg.jpg
    1@ £144.95

589392.jpg
    1@ £20

p1433260_customshirt2.chain]
    1@ ~£35

£200 = ~€300

I waaaaaaaant these all so bad. I have fake uggs but they're starting to fall apart so may invest in the real ones this winter. Also a black fitted polo top is so hard to find.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Uggs are "like" "soo" last season. Serioulsy I havnt worn mine since the "incident" where I slipped on ice/snow crqap and fell on my hip I could hardly move for days, and they say these boots are for the winter! pfft a likely story!

I'd spend the mula on some clothes nowhere expencive though I'd try and get as much stuff out of it that I can. OR I would get a cheap flight to London or even better to Rotterdam and shop there much better shops!!
    "That's my two cents, now over to Arnie in the sky"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'm not particularly bothered whether they've gone out of fashion or not because they're damn comfy. I don't wear heels and most flat boots just don't do it for me. I got a fake pair and I heart them and still try wear em as much as possible due to their comfiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I'd add the €300 to the dosh I'll get instead of a pressie when I leave my job in three weeks and buy these babies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

These are my hearts desire. I'm just waiting for the BT sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I cant wait for the BT sale either!! I still want my Gina shoes, tried them on last week and they're yummy!!!
    I also want a Balenciaga bag in Black- 820 euros worth!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

dudara those shoes are fantastic! I want them so bad now but i have no money :(

I'd spend €300 on more shoes, probably a nice pair of brown boots, some new lingerie and a nice, new, sexy dress or skirt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

1505206250_exlg.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

These possibly. I've a weakness for mountain gear.

210175658_sand_200.jpg

I like these, but a half shank in runners could be interesting for walking on concrete.

210169985_tobacco_200.jpg

Roughly around 100-150 euro for either pair, depending on where you bought them. Either would last about 3/4 years of heavy use before needing to be replaced. Both are totally waterproof and breatheable. Both are made from nubuck leather and nylon mesh, very comfy. And the soles of both absorb a lot of punishment and save your feet.

Good shoes for me are a must. But then I walk a lot.

Uggs are "like" "soo" last season. Serioulsy I havnt worn mine since the "incident" where I slipped on ice/snow crqap and fell on my hip I could hardly move for days, and they say these boots are for the winter! pfft a likely story!

I'd spend the mula on some clothes nowhere expencive though I'd try and get as much stuff out of it that I can. OR I would get a cheap flight to London or even better to Rotterdam and shop there much better shops!!
    "That's my two cents, now over to Arnie in the sky"

Winter boots???

Try these, got a pair of the older incarnation of them (In steel blue instead of red). Perfect for alpine hiking and ice climbing. They should save you in the horror of an Irish winter...

310124.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I wouldn't mind a new winter coat - the summer's so brutal I could start wearing it straight away. :(

simu wrote:
    I wouldn't mind a new winter coat - the summer's so brutal I could start wearing it straight away. :(

Give me a colour and style and I'll find a mountaineering coat to match. Believe me they are the biz for keeping warm and dry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Vamp IRL

rainglow wrote:
    I'd add the €300 to the dosh I'll get instead of a pressie when I leave my job in three weeks and buy these babies :D
    nice very nice :D

nesf wrote:
    Give me a colour and style and I'll find a mountaineering coat to match. Believe me they are the biz for keeping warm and dry :)

Actually, I'd like a black coat like the one Jessica Alba (adult Nancy) was wearing in Sin City.

simu wrote:
    Actually, I'd like a black coat like the one Jessica Alba (adult Nancy) was wearing in Sin City.

I don't remember what she was wearing specifically. Um. Considering your figure, something long(ish) with clear line to compliment it? Something bulky might look off.

Then again, this is coming from a guy with the fashion taste of a, well, thing with bad fashion taste.

Edit: Found this:

bruce_willis6.jpg

Looks like a fur or thick wool "trenchcoat"/full coat.

*thinks*

I know where to go in Cork to buy those kind of coats for men, but I've no idea where you'd find them for a woman.

*shrugs*

Yeah, well, I'll take a look around in the Autumn, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bit over budget, but these,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

5503.jpg
    http://www.magnumboots.com/htmlprodinfo.php?pnum=5503&postal=20
    Got a pair in Army Bargins for about €105 last year. Need another pair, as these soles are getting a bit worn.

Pair of Katz black combats. Costs about €60 for a pair. Also @ Army Bargins.

+60
    ----

Then two or so long sleeved tops from Sound Cellar to make up the €300

I got a great long black coat like that in M&S Per Una about 2 years ago for E150. The only problem is that I lost weight since then and now it hangs off me like a tent

dudara wrote:
    These are my hearts desire. I'm just waiting for the BT sale.

When does the sale start this year? I wasn't sure if they'd have a shoe sale this year since they just opened the new shoe salon a month or so ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

They BETTER have a shoe sale!!!!! I got a FAB pair of dolce n gabanna boots at christmas for 248....they WERE 800yoyo!
    Also, last summer (was havin a bad day n had just broken up with my boyf) so I got myself a gorgeous pair of dolce and gabanna (lil trend goin there) silver wedges with blue suede straps.
    Anyway, the sale usually starts in june I think so it should be in the nxt few wks.

rainglow wrote:
    When does the sale start this year? I wasn't sure if they'd have a shoe sale this year since they just opened the new shoe salon a month or so ago

I'm down in Cork, and they'd better have that sale. Those shoes are going to fix everything that is wrong and bad in my life!!

I've gotten two pairs of prada shoes in the BT sales before at 75% off. There can be killler bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dossininwork

HHMMM. Alot of high achievers here! Nobody went to pennys! I suppose it would take too long to spend€300 in there. So all the broke students are heading straight to BTs. :D
    Im sorry to say a roving pack of eskimo bandits have stolen the entire stock of Ugg boots so they are no longer avalible for your baskets. No smart ass traveling on Ryanair for them either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A few pairs of black jeans, a couple of shirts, and the rest on beer tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Sarky wrote:
    A few pairs of black jeans, a couple of shirts, and the rest on beer tbh.
    even though some of the shoes are gorgeous... changing the jeans & shirts to skirts and vest... i'd agree

although a wknd in London is always good...

Sale starts 28th of June - but I start my new job on the 27th so I can't exactly get time off to go to the sale :(

Dudara, I don't know if this helps but those Prada wedges are on Neiman Marcus.com in the Sale section and they ship internationally if you order over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

holy crap some of you have expensive taste!
    i'd buy a load of stuff, nothing in particular. its rare for me to spend over 50e on any item of clothing, be it jeans shoes whatever. i'd fork out for a coat if i didn't already have too many, but thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Helzeena

rainglow wrote:

Aww they are cute as hell! :D

I'd just buy me some new shoes too! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Id go to Oasis and stock up on summer tops. 2 of them for €40 - €50 each. Then Id hop down to BTs for a pair of seven jeans. Expensive but georgeous. Anyone know if anywhere else stocks them?

• Advertisement

I don't think anywhere else in Dublin stocks them but my friend got a pair in a boutique in Wexford. If you know anybody going to the States you should ask them to pick them up for you. I got mine in NY for $168 (€133) and they're about €220 in BT. Beware buying them on Ebay though, there are a lot of fakes out there (hard to believe but it's true).

Net-a-porter have them in stock sometimes and you might get them on Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue if they'll deliver to Ireland. They're a bit ubiquitous now though, I wouldn't buy another pair. Have a look for Citizens of Humanity, Paper Denim Cloth, Blue Cult, True Religion or James jeans: they're all around the same price and cut just as perfectly as Sevens are :)

Advertisement