Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paypal requesting a "report from law enforcement agency"

• 13-12-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi All, just looking for some guidance,

I bought three bracelets from a website, paid via Paypal. When the package arrived there were only two bracelets, only one had the advertised presentation bag and both bracelets were of bad quality. I contacted seller, no response, I raised a dispute with Paypal and it has been a month now with several interactions from Paypal. They have now asked me to file a report with a law enforcement agency or other government organisation and I must get a copy of the report from them with their stamp or on headed paper etc and contact details.

Just wondering is this standard procedure? and is this something the guards would look after or who should I be going to? It needs to be done within ten days.

Lesson has certainly been learned about buying from a site that I am not familiar with!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Just what is the crime that Paypal are implying/suggesting? If you turn up with the tale as told here there will be some bemused Guarda reaction. Paypal requiring a crime report? Lot more to this story I suspect.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

well, there definitely isn't any more to the story from my end, this is the first time i have ever had to open a dispute on Paypal, i honestly thought it would be fairly straight forward based on anything i have read online. are you suggesting I am leaving out info in my post Toptec or that there is something going on with the seller/paypal?

So i take it no one has experienced this before then? I too think the guards are going to look very funny at me when I request a report from them regarding this hence my post on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Someone tried to purchase Adidas gift cards through my PayPal this year. Luckily it was the weekend and i was able to move money out of the account before the transaction processed.
    I contacted PayPal and they were the most useless shower of ***** you could get. They wanted me to file a report with the guards and send it to them before they would do anything else.
    They couldn't get a grasp of the situation at all, Adidas also were useless.

Ive been trying not use PayPal at all since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

greenttc wrote: »
    are you suggesting I am leaving out info in my post Toptec or that there is something going on with the seller/paypal?

I am suggesting that Paypal need to clarify the reasons for the request to you to report what appears to be a minor civil dispute over an online purchase to the Guards.

If Paypal are going to insist on a crime report reference each time a dispute is lodged then their business will go downhill fast.

I would be curious enough to ask Paypal to explain exactly what criminal offence they seem to be implying has taken place or report the dispute themselves.

Unlike NomadicGray's situation which is a clear crimal offence.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

nomadic, did you go to the guards? or no? also, is there any way of comminucating with them outside of "feedback" in the resolution centre?

my opinion of paypal being a safe way to conduct transactions is totally wiped now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement