Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues paying with Revolut on US sites

Options
  • 30-11-2019 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else haviing any issues paying with Revolut on U.S. websites? I have just had two different sites return (not very helpful) errors when I've tried to use my Revolut card. I've double- and triple-cjhecked the details and made sure the card has sufficient funds, as far as I can see everything is correct, but no joy. I ended up changing to my regular debit card for one of the transactions and it went through straight away. Very frustrating....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Had a problem on Thursday night with a US site. Got a message in the app saying it had been blocked for security reasons and asked me to confirm it was me. I did confirm it was my transaction, but the payment still wouldn't go through. I tried several times and it was just refused on the website's end each time.

Contacted Revolut chat and they were not very helpful. After waiting about 8 hours and talking with 2 different reps, they both told me that it had been blocked due to possible fraud and that I should confirm in the app that it is me. This is what I started the chats by telling them, and hours later they come back just repeating what I said. Totally useless and a waste of time.

I eventually got the payment to go through later on Friday, but it was a lot more hardship that I'd expect.

Advertisement