Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FN113 - Glasgow: Nelson -v- Ponzinibbio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nelson by Decision
    Yupp pantoja slowing down and Neil went right through some of his biggest shots there. Last one, cmon Neil!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Nelson by Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Good fight.

All the best Mr. Seery, always a pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Absolute pleasure to watch Neil, would have loved him to go out on a win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nelson by Decision
    Aww. Well done Neil. Another good scrap. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nelson by Sub
    Cruel.

Nelson by Decision
    Bollox! Well Neil you worried him enough to take you to the ground. You're a legend and we'll miss you in the Octagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Thank you for all the memory's Neil

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A legend and a gentleman. Best of luck Neil in whatever you do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

An absolute warrior and a credit to his country. Neil seery take a bow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Nelson by Decision
    What a classy classy guy in fairness. Hats off to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nelson by Decision
    Cheers for the memories Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A lot of fighters could learn form watching Seery. He always went for it and never gave up. Hard working and willing to give everything he had in the cage.

How can anyone not respect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Nelson by Decision
    WTF man, dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ponzinibbio by Sub
    That was picture perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nelson by Decision
    Oh dear. Karyn Bryant talking about getting "Bofando'ed" over on Fox Sports. Charlie Ward getting some US exposure anyway.

Actually it's the BT Sport 2 feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Nelson by Decision
    If Ponzinibbio lands a huge left hand and KO's Gunni it'll be a bit of a disaster with the 3 "home" fighters all being finished.

Nelson by Decision
    If Ponzinibbio lands a huge left hand and KO's Gunni it'll be a bit of a disaster with the 3 "home" fighters all being finished.

Hai, less of that! He's gonna get a 1st round sub and that's the end of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »

2nd round ya mean..purely cos thats what I bet on.

Nelson by Decision
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

I hope so and I expect so....but I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those nights...

I hope so and I expect so....but I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those nights...

Anymore of that talk and you will be banned!

Nelson by Decision
    Just a side point - I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two early stoppages. After the death in Kentucky last night, I'm sure that's fresh in the minds of ref's.

It'd be only human nature to be a bit more cautious. I can't say scientifically for sure but I felt there was a spike in early stoppages around the time of Carvahlo's death too.

Nelson by Decision
    Axwell wrote: »
    Anymore of that talk and you will be banned!

Gunni by RNC round 2 it is so...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nelson by Decision
    how did these two make weight? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

No disaster whatsoever on the part of Seery. Went down fighting and that's all he or any of his fans would have asked for. Could tell after the fight winning was never the most important thing for him tonight, it was to have one last walk out, hear his name being announced one last time, and get to throw down with a world class fighter one last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ponzinibbio by Sub
    mailburner wrote: »
    how did these two make weight? :p

How did they make the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Just a side point - I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two early stoppages. After the death in Kentucky last night, I'm sure that's fresh in the minds of ref's.

It'd be only human nature to be a bit more cautious. I can't say scientifically for sure but I felt there was a spike in early stoppages around the time of Carvahlo's death too.

If anything already been a late stoppage with Ward who was unconscious for a handful of strikes at the end. Obviously the ref was never gonna be expecting him to be KOd by the fall, but he was still a little slow in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mulheron... on that day not a single leg was trained :)

Advertisement