Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Seery is a F**king hero !

Options
  • 18-11-2016 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

We all know it !

Thread is bare now but how we wait !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

october-2015-neil-seery-celebrates-victory-over-jon-delos-reyes-ufc-picture-id542497186?s=594x594

NeilSeery2_vice_670.jpg

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Fight is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Fight is off.

Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This legend would've done damage in the UFC had he been given his shot earlier in his career.

A pleasure to watch him fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to feel for him here. Said he usually works in the real job right up til the fight but they gave him a month off to prepare for this one. Also his vlogs for his last fight were better than anything embedded ever did!

War Seery!!!!!

Im honest to god heartbroken the fight is off, shows the character of Seery in his reaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Seery embodies all that was good about MMA before Chale sonnon planted the seed that became mcgregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

gallag wrote: »
    Seery embodies all that was good about MMA before Chale sonnon planted the seed that became mcgregor.

Cry me a river; the sport is two men beating each other up, they dont have to be saints. Also McGregor has done many a thing outside of the octagon in the same light as Neils gesture, Neils obviously a class act and an absolute gentleman but no need to use it as weapon to take sly digs at McGregor in a thread about Neil because you dont like him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

ASOT wrote: »
    Cry me a river; the sport is two men beating each other up, they dont have to be saints. Also McGregor has done many a thing outside of the octagon in the same light as Neils gesture, Neils obviously a class act and an absolute gentleman but no need to use it as weapon to take sly digs at McGregor in a thread about Neil because you dont like him.
    It's like I just offended your actual child!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

McGregor apparently is a very humble guy and is not without a social conscience. He has donated money and his time to good causes and he knows where he came from. He just doesn't sit down with a PR consultant to discuss what charity is hot right now and could make him look good. He just does it and he doesn't blow his own trumpet. That's sincerity.

Us Irish are great like that in private, we will always rally around someone in need, especially a kid who was given a bad shake of the dice in life.

Look at the big picture guys and stop getting involved in this tit for tat dick measuring contest. Fair play to Neil Seery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

just saw brad pickett is looking for a retirement fight aswel, him-seery would be a great fight for the london card in march!

Depp wrote: »
    just saw brad pickett is looking for a retirement fight aswel, him-seery would be a great fight for the london card in march!

That would be a brilliant fight for the two lads to retire on, only down side would be that one will have to retire on a loss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Depp wrote: »

I thought their last fight in London was great (being at it was brilliant since it was Seery's fight UFC fight). And if it's Pickett's retirement fight this time, he probably wouldn't bother initiating takedowns like the last time.

I wish all the best to Seery, in whatever he chooses to do in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That lad that beat Neil looked a bit bigger....

Tough first rd for Neil. He clearly won the second, and had he kept it on stand up he may well have beaten that lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

walshb wrote: »
    That lad that beat Neil looked a bit bigger....

Tough first rd for Neil. He clearly won the second, and had he kept it on stand up he may well have beaten that lad...

Are you becoming a bit of an MMA fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Django99 wrote: »
    Are you becoming a bit of an MMA fan?

Becoming?

I watch a fair bit and follow MMA. I just don't have much time to be posting like a maniac on it like I do with boxing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Highlights_from_Off_The_Ball/199513/Neil_Seery_on_life_as_a_fighter__his_career_in_the_UFC

Neil Seery on ''Off the Ball''. These lads (the OTB crew) always do a great interview in fairness. Probably the best in the country at what they do.

Full piece at the bottom of the page. Video excerpts about halfway down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That was a great interview

Wow, think I admire him even more now. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Like the way they interview no BS and don't pretend to know it all so ask questions to inform themselves that can in turn hit the audience. One night I was listening they were interviewing some rugby player and somehow managed to capture me had to wonder how I don't even like rugby!

Best of luck to Neil anyways, Ledge

Advertisement