Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 to spend

Options
  • 26-06-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I feel like treating myself to something/somethings fabulous as im feeling a little crap lately...

Anyone got any suggestions that would bring a little light back into my life on this dreary day?

Im thinking fashion, like shoes, bags, a sexy dress etc along with a hairstyle and facial...

Thanks guys x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Youve got a grand to spend?! Lucky! facial and new haircut hands down will make you feel fab! there are loads of sales on now too, from brown thomas to awear..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Buy a fabulous handbag! You'd spend your €1,000 in one go then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Swweeeeeeet :D
    Definitely invest in a fabulous handbag. A good quality handbag in a classic design will never date and would jazz up any outfit. Maybe go for something leather in a neutral colour? (Might be wise to allow 400-500 for this)
    Dunno about the facial, sounds like a lovely treat but they only last 45/50 mins? I think ya should treat yourself to some high quality cosmetics instead, get much more bang for yer buck! New cleanser, day cream, treatment masque -you'll feel spoiled for months.
    Thennnnnnnn after all that you'd still have circa 250 squids for maybe a gorgeous Jo Malone scented candle for your boudoir?!

Phew I'm all shopped out now <wipes brow> :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Hairdresser-essential.

Facial-I agree with MissHoneyBun about buying products instead. Maybe get your make up done at one of the counters and buy the recommended products.

Nails-get a french manicure.

Underwear-a bra that fits properly and Spanx if required.

Penneys-look here first for clothes, don't buy baskets of stuff as most of their customers do, just a few bits and pieces to mix with more expensive things.

Personal shopper-make an appointment, free in Debenhams and Topshop. See what they suggest, your sure to like some of what they come up with.

Get a really good pair of jeans.

Avail of as many sale bargains as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

oh my god

don't spend it on something that will make you feel shit and more lonely after the magic wears off in a week or two!

Go on a holiday,
    consumerism is a cunt and could be an addiction
    go have some fun, don't try and look as if you have fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

sunnyside wrote: »
    Hairdresser-essential.

Get a really good pair of jeans.

Absolutely! It could take hours, days, but jeans are an investment product! I am always willing to splash out on shoes, make up and jeans. Good jeans and a white tank = perfect outfit!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

A fab handbag thats a classic so you'll be able to use it for years and a even more fabulous pair of Jimmy Choos...

-KxK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bendihorse wrote: »
    I feel like treating myself to something/somethings fabulous as im feeling a little crap lately...

Anyone got any suggestions that would bring a little light back into my life on this dreary day?

Im thinking fashion, like shoes, bags, a sexy dress etc along with a hairstyle and facial...

Thanks guys x

Get a make over at somewhere like Mac and then buy yourself some lovely make up and some nice brushes which will last for years.

Maybe get some highlights if you haven't got them in your hair.

An expensive pair of jeans which make your bum look great!

An expensive classic winter coat (not in the shops yet) you can wear for years.

If you don't want to get a handbag, maybe a nice purse instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Get yourself a back massage! Everyone should have a back massage, it may only last 30 mins/1 hour but the feeling of utter relaxation lasts hours!

I wouldn't advise spending all the money on one thing...cos then you only have one thing! Get lots of nice things, some nice dresses, jeans that make you look fabulous (the perfect pair of jeans exists...somewhere). Also treat yourself to expensive underwear, the kind that gets kept in crepe paper in the bag it was sold in and only comes out for special occasions.

Advertisement