Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Item 'missing'

• 10-12-2019 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had an order go 'missing' when ordering from Amazon.co.uk? I ordered a hard to find pair of Sennheiser headphones and after some back and forth between them and Parcel Motel they determined that they went missing. It makes me wary about ordering from them again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Seanachai wrote: »
    Has anybody ever had an order go 'missing' when ordering from Amazon.co.uk? I ordered a hard to find pair of Sennheiser headphones and after some back and forth between them and Parcel Motel they determined that they went missing. It makes me wary about ordering from them again.

You don't specify, I assume the parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel depot but it went missing after that? I do ordered from Amazon all the time directly to my home address, I say 1 % might go missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Missing from where?
    If Amazon shipped and it was actually delivered to Parcel Motel, its being lost isn't an Amazon issue.

If it wasn't delivered to Parcel Motel, then Amazon will replace it.
    Where does the last location scan on the tracking show as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If sold by a third party seller on Amazon, then they may not have put the PMID on the package. Has happened to me a few times on both Amazon and Ebay - now I always send a separate message to the seller "Just confirming postal address - it's _________________"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

nava wrote: »
    You don't specify, I assume the parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel depot but it went missing after that? I do ordered from Amazon all the time directly to my home address, I say 1 % might go missing.

Parcel Motel didn't receive it, Amazon CS confirmed that it arrived at their Amazon Flex depot in Carrickfergus and then went missing. They said they're going to investigate it and it won't happen again etc etc.

banie01 wrote: »
    Missing from where?
    If Amazon shipped and it was actually delivered to Parcel Motel, its being lost isn't an Amazon issue.

If it wasn't delivered to Parcel Motel, then Amazon will replace it.
    Where does the last location scan on the tracking show as?

Carrickfergus, Amazon Flex depot, then 'delayed in transit'

Rc4172f

https://ibb.co/Rc4172f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Amazon are very good to refund or replace missing items. I had a parcel delivered last week tom y An Post delivery box, and it had burst open and one of the items inside was missing. I took a picture of it and all, ready to send, but they just refunded me the cost immediately once I contacted them on chat, plus gave an additional £5 gift voucher for the inconvenience. Granted the items was only £9, but they didn't even ask for the picture of the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Seanachai wrote: »
    Carrickfergus, Amazon Flex depot, then 'delayed in transit'

Rc4172f

https://ibb.co/Rc4172f

In that case, without a delivery record Amazon will replace or refund in my experience.

banie01 wrote: »
    In that case, without a delivery record Amazon will replace or refund in my experience.

I got a refund, it's the fact that these headphones are hard to find that annoyed me. It also makes me suspicious about deliveries getting nicked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ordering off Amazon since 1999 and only had one item get losed in transit over the years and that was last year, can't say its a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have received several packages, from Amazon, where it was possible to remove the item without breaking any seals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭fman

Warning, as much a vent as anything but a heads up too.
    Had a new one today waiting for an Amazon delivery from "i-parcel". A very kind and helpful lady from 1 or 2 estates over drove it to my house after it had been left on her doorstep. No problem with the label, it was all very clear.
    Would love to see how that finally updates on tracking. Seems impossible to give any kind of feedback to Amazon on this.

Discodog wrote: »
    I have received several packages, from Amazon, where it was possible to remove the item without breaking any seals.

I've lost things like tools myself while working, I find it hard to believe how a shoebox size package could go missing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

fman wrote: »
    Warning, as much a vent as anything but a heads up too.
    Had a new one today waiting for an Amazon delivery from "i-parcel". A very kind and helpful lady from 1 or 2 estates over drove it to my house after it had been left on her doorstep. No problem with the label, it was all very clear.
    Would love to see how that finally updates on tracking. Seems impossible to give any kind of feedback to Amazon on this.

iParcel delivered an Amazon UK package to me last Friday, four days late with half the stuff (CDs + BDs) having cracked / smashed cases. Looks like it was thrown around quite a bit. Amazon refunded for the items in question - I told them they should ditch i-Parcel and stick to An Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

iParcel = Fastway = Incompetent.

Since I got a refund for something damaged by them I haven't had anything sent by them; but I've massively reduced my Amazon usage alos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Prime = nearly always ExpressPost by An Post. Dodge FastF@ckers altogether.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I-parcel are a disaster, drivers only want to make deliveries when their van is crammed full, damaged and lost items aplenty.

With my Prime it appears to be virtually all An Post with a bit of UPS the odd time?
    An Post is great as they try and deliver in the morning and then late afternoon/tea time before they will try again the following morning and eventually leave a not for collection at sorting centre. This is the "Prism" agreement with Amz

I had a lost package for the first time in years last week (An Post), they ordered a replacement Friday and we got it Tuesday.

Advertisement