Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon wtf??

Options
  • 10-12-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭

Dont suppose anyone could tell me why the amazon.co.uk site has no problem shipping me dewalt power tools with batteries etc but objects to sending me a bare unit (tool with no battery) as part of the same order

Tool is not from a third party, is in stock and their delivery terms and conditions etc which was supposed to explain why they can't ship the product to me does absolutely jack **** to clarify ...in fact it seems to clearly state that they have no problem shipping diy/power tools etc to the republic

their seemingly random objections to shipping products is really becoming a PIA at this stage....a couple of months ago they were objecting to sending me a kindle offs (until they mysteriously weren't)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have you asked Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I get around this by using parcel motel or addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Use parcel motel, address Pal or buy in a local shop. I wouldn’t be spending time trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭amacca

muffler wrote: »
    Have you asked Amazon?

Yes, actually, pissed off enough to brave the call centre version of road rage (in fairness it was prompt and they were polite if a little hard to get your point across to)...

anyway just off the phone with them, the first two people had no idea why it was happening and just kept quoting the completely unhelpful rules stating it was the battery causing the problem

they seemed impervious to conflicting information that

a) amazon were willing to sell me other tools with batteries + batteries on their own

and

b) the item it was objecting to was a bare unit with no battery

after an uphill struggle of repeating this information a couple of times and letting it sink in the second person grudgingly conceded that their explanatory link explained absolutely nothing in this case at which point I got to speak to a manager (thank god at least they don't hang up when something doesn't match the script ...I'm looking at you almost every other outsourced customer service dept I've dealt with)

The manager actually gave me one of the two explanations I had anticipated given their delivery terms and conditions

I had thought either

A) a complete mislabelling or misclassification of the product...some database **** up

or

B) its coming from a different location to the other more likely to not be delivered equipment and theres some sort of logistics issue

Manager came up with B but said theres a good chance they can rectify the issue and I will be notified after he sends a request if they can ship the product from the other location

I'm still not sure its actually just A or some version of A and he's buying himself a bit of time to get someone to fix the problem but I will update for the hell of it

Its just a bit of pain its so hard to give them money, you'd think they'd be mad to get it and not make it an uphill struggle.

jarvis wrote: »
    Use parcel motel, address Pal or buy in a local shop. I wouldn’t be spending time trying to figure it out.

Ur probably correct, just don't want to spend ages signing up again + thats an extra cost, Id nearly as well buying some of the stuff of another site as the costs add up + I have prime, its meant to be free delivery, It sticks in my craw to pay for delivery after all...call me strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

amacca wrote: »
    Ur probably correct, just don't want to spend ages signing up again + thats an extra cost, Id nearly as well buying some of the stuff of another site as the costs add up + I have prime, its meant to be free delivery, It sticks in my craw to pay for delivery after all...call me strange
    Have you any friends or relations in NI that you could use their address for delivery? Or even if you were planning a shopping trip there you could avail of delivery to a post office there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Probably a mistake in their database. The one with the battery is probably the one that should not be shipped, although if you did order it I doubt there would be a problem.

muffler wrote: »
    Have you any friends or relations in NI that you could use their address for delivery? Or even if you were planning a shopping trip there you could avail of delivery to a post office there.

No...I have no friends in the north....or enemies:D...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the story about batteries anyway?

are they seen as a hazard on a flight cargo?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

fryup wrote: »

Yes, they are a hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

fryup wrote: »

Yes lithium ion batteries can catch fire if damaged. There are special guidelines on how they should be packed and not all shipping companies will send them.

Advertisement