Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 3rd party Scammer woes

Options
  • 03-12-2019 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭

So on November 21st I woke up at 3.30am to see a price drop of £133 on an item I was tracking using the Price Tracker for Amazon app on my phone.

7 left in stock so ordered it immediately assuming it was from Amazon.co.uk direct but immediately afterwards I realised it was from a 3rd party seller not fulfilled by Amazon.

Even worse is the seller had "just launched" asked you to email them prior to ordering for "permission" to order or orders would be cancelled. Clearly a scammer.
    I contacted Amazon immediately to cancel the order and even had one person from customer support a few days later say I did not cancel within 30 minutes.... That was the Amazon customer service rep's responsibility to do for me during that chat.

They also had exactly to the zero 10,000 high value items on their store front for much cheaper prices than usual, all of which were removed from the store front 48 hours later.

I have contacted Amazon support about 6 times now and they're still persisting that I have to wait 2 weeks to give the seller "a chance" to ship the item even though it's clearly a scammer.

I'm backed by the Amazon A to Z guarantee but I find their stance on this awful at best, I thought a prime customer would be more valued.

Has anyone else been in this situation and found a faster way of being refunded?

Today I asked support to put me through their manager so they put me on hold and conveniently "spoke" to their manager for me, and just said to wait 48 hours for the seller to get back to me again. I even told them I would be taking legal action if I don't get a satisfactory response.
    The seller has been quiet since I contacted them and amazon contacted them about 5 times now already.

I need the money back to buy Christmas presents as time is running out.

Anyone have any ideas?

While I admit fault for not double-checking the sold by fine print Amazon should never have let a scam seller slip through the cracks and put 10,000 high value items on their store front, I bet I was not the only person to slip up.

In all my years of shopping on Amazon I have never ordered from a 3rd party seller that was not fulfilled by Amazon but slipped up this one time late at night.

Is there anyone I can complain them to?

Thanks for your time,
    Doge.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

When is the order due for delivery and have you tried filing an A-Z Claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭Doge

Cabaal wrote: »
    When is the order due for delivery and have you tried filing an A-Z Claim?

Thanks for the reply Cabaal. :)

The "expected by" date is the 7th and the last customer service rep said they were filing a claim against the seller.

The email copy after the call was the same as the previous emails so I'm not sure if the other reps filed a claim previously.

There is no dispatch date as such but just an "expected by" date even though the item has not shipped.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You want to go down the route on an az claim, however you might have problems filing it before the 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭Doge

So an update on this, I was refunded today!

An interesting thing happened when I was dealing with that automatic assistant, didnt see a "chat with us" option at the time.

It automatically closed the case and said I was not charged so I wouldn't be refunded.

Then a few seconds later I received an email saying I would be refunded in 5 to 7 working days.

Confusing, so i chatted with an agent afterwards and they said the seller didnt receive any money so I was not going to receive a refund from them hence that response about not being refunded, but amazon assured me amazon would be refunding my account.

There was also a gift card of £23.61 on my account today which was not mentioned but a nice touch.

Not really sure how they came up with that figure but i'm not complaining.

Thanks for your help Cabaal.

Advertisement