Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Primary Teaching

• 13-04-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am looking to become a Primary school teacher but I am unsure if I would get the points required so looking for advice on the best back roots. I need somewhere close to home as I am working full time at the moment and would like to continue part time when college starts , therefore I am restriceted to Limerick Clare area. On my CAO I have put down teaching at Mary I. I am wondering would I be better off doing arts as my second or early childhood care or are there even more alternatives I don't know about i.e. doing a degree from home and still working.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

14154536 wrote: »
    I am looking to become a Primary school teacher but I am unsure if I would get the points required so looking for advice on the best back roots. I need somewhere close to home as I am working full time at the moment and would like to continue part time when college starts , therefore I am restriceted to Limerick Clare area. On my CAO I have put down teaching at Mary I. I am wondering would I be better off doing arts as my second or early childhood care or are there even more alternatives I don't know about i.e. doing a degree from home and still working.
    You can do any degree (arts etc) then take the two year postgraduate teaching course afterwards. The postgrad from Hibernia can be done from home apart the teaching practice. You could check the entry requirements for that course to make sure you choose the correct undergrad course to qualify.

Please don't take this too harshly but your spelling has some errors. If you are sending in applications get someone to check spelling for you before you send it in.
    Best of luck with your leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 14154536

My spelling isn't bad , it's more my typing, It was a rushed question, didn't think people paid so much attention to spelling on boards.

Thank you for your answer though, very helpful. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

14154536 wrote: »
    didn't think people paid so much attention to spelling on boards.
    People who pay attention to spelling pay attention to spelling everywhere. Those who have a trained eye for it, such as people working in education, can't avoid seeing errors and, consciously or unconsciously, will judge you on that basis.

Advertisement