Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving text messages, but no sim in phone?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭

I'm in the middle of moving from an 820 to a 1020. I've transferred my sim to the 1020, but my text messages are also being received on the simless 820. How is that?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Your windows a/c is still signed in on the 820 so the messages being received on the 1020 are being synced through your windows a/c to the 820

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Your windows a/c is still signed in on the 820 so the messages being received on the 1020 are being synced through your windows a/c to the 820

I didn't think it did that for texts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Everything gets backed up through your account incl text messages. I have a 520 with a meteor sim that I use for Satnav and music and I get texts from my Vodafone sim

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

PaulieC wrote: »
    Everything gets backed up through your account incl text messages. I have a 520 with a meteor sim that I use for Satnav and music and I get texts from my Vodafone sim

I wouldn't say "everything" unless you're talking about 8.1? with 8.0, app data is not saved which is a shame.

Advertisement