Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

$$$ Does / (Why does?) money matter so much to women ! ? !

• 03-08-2008 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that women are sexually attracted to men with money. And I don't mean that some women want to gold - dig and marry a rich man. I mean even for one night stands they seem to go for rich guys. It seems that the vast majority of women in Dublin (this post is not an attempt to start a 'you are a sexist' rant) are attracted to rich men.

This is not a jealousy rant. I am lucky enough to work in a trading firm in the IFSC and earn very good money. It seems that all the women I meet around here are only interested in one thing - money. Granted, when we go out at night we're interested in one thing too . . . but that's well known and we admit it !

So, my question really is two-fold.

1) Are women really that attracted to wealth ? Or is there something I'm missing (money = power = sexy or something like that)

2) Why are women so attracted to wealthy men ? I've noticed even a change of attitude among the girls I grew up with since I started earning big money they all are way more interested (basically in a nutshell they are all up for it now and weren't in the past ! . . . it sounds bad but it's simply the truth)

This is a serious question. It is not a rant or a brag or anything and is not intended to start an argument (i.e - "not all girls are after money" etc. - I know that, but it seems most are in Dublin, plus what you see in popular culture and what seems to have gone on forever)

Thanks to the women who respond to this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Its about as valid as the generalsiation that men are attacted to slim girls with big tits who are double jointed.

I will preempt Wibbs and say its hereditary..the hunter/Gatherer/provider :p

Have you considered that well dressed "rich" men are simply more confidant.

So its a generalistaion andtbh if you look at a thread earlier in teh week about paying on dates..you will change your opinion.

I will aslo say this: Thats your perception. So what in actual effect is your ISSUE here in PI

I am allowing this to stand fro the moment but will shiovel it off to the usual debating dumping ground of humanities if you issue isn't clarified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

It's also the circles that you're moving in (finance) that you're getting a very one sided view of women. Try hanging out with people who work in a non money driven sector and you'll see that not all women are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

No not all women are like that.

I see a few scenarios. Could be our animal instinct tells you to go for the best provider, the one that can bring home the most bounty to feed your children and give you what you want, a home, security, no financial worries.

Then you have the greedy ones that just want want want. Designers clothes, foreign holidays twice a year, fancy cars, you know the type.

People with money and in authority tend to exude confidence, those that are dressed well, have nice things to some people appear more attractive, sexy, in charge so to speak.

Then there are the rest of us, the normal ones that fall in love with the person regardless of whether or not they have money and judge them on who they are as a person and not what they have. Not saying it wouldnt be nice to be able to get a house and not to have to worry about money but once the kids are fed and the bills are paid anything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

It's security. It happens, I work in finance. Know people who now earn 300 - 500k a year and they have page 3 girls, mini celebs and strippers interested in them.

They arent anything special (Not ugly - just normal). They never had women this crazy into them when they were more junior. Now its easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

It's either that they're better dressed and more confident / capable of providing / for the woman's self esteem or they're just after nice things
    and not fond of spending their own cash.
    It is, of course, a very sweeping statement. I think you'll find a higher
    proportion of women have the attitude of Trinity1 when you're outside Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

speaking as a female, i would say that i am attracted to somebody who is successful, but success does not necessarily equate to material wealth.

For example, if I met a teacher who had a clear passion for his job and was a success at that, i would find that a very attractive inspiring thing.

Also, successful people tend to be very positive and generally comfortable with themselves, and this is an attractive quality also.

Yes, there are plenty of gold-digging women out there, and i think its disgusting. I would never stay with a man because he was wealthy. I dated a very wealthy man for a while, i didnt realise initially quite the magnitude of his business but as i got to know him it became clear how well he was doing.

He was very into me also, we had a few dates(with me paying my way i might add as i am no golddigger!!), and eventually things progressed in the physical sense.... and he did nothing for me(i also found him quite boring to talk to).

So i called time on the whole thing and went back to a red neck farmer who hadnt 2 euro to rub together and was an ass but who i was crazy about!!

The whole experience actually taught me something about myself, and i think any genuine woman would react like this also.

As Sir McCartney and co put it so aptly....

"I don't care too much for money, cos money cant buy me love";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Marksie, to clarify.

First, I know that all women are not attracted to money. But, in fairness there is no denying that a large proportion (I would say majority) are. Think about popular culture and what you see on a day to day basis - how often do you see wealthy men with model-looking women who you know wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the money ? Again, this post is not an attempt at stirring up an argument about whether all women are . . . simply to ask why the women that are, are?

Secondly, my issue is that it really makes me wonder what it is about money that so attracts. It's confusiong me a bit because like I said, I'm getting so much more interest from the girls I grew up with now (I'm 23 now) and I'm wondering if they're simply attracted to me more because now I can take them out and buy them things or is it just because the fact that I did well for myself and now dress well etc. makes me more attractive (am I getting this across clearly? I hope so). Also, the women I meet around here (I live near Barrow Street) always ask "Where do you work?" " What do you do?" "Do you own/rent?" etc. Whereas when I was growing up or in college it was always "Where are you from?" "Do you know so-and-so?" etc.etc.

I hope this is clear - it's Sunday morning so I did my best ! If not I can clarify further.

Thanks to all those that have / will respond

So far, the answers have been pretty much :

* The hunter / gathererer / provider thing (Animal Instinct)
    * Rich men are more confident
    * It's because I work in finance (I don't agree with this at all - look at entertainment/sport/property etc.etc.)
    * Security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

OP, I think you have gneralised just a wee bit.

Maybe you are attracting the vulture types for some reason.

If i'm dating a guy and he goes on about how much money he makes etc, i'm outta there. I find it incredibly off putting.

I hate materialism and I hate shopping.

I ALWAYS pay my own way and have been known to get thick when I can't pay for my share of dinner.:o

So there you go. I couldn't give a fiddler's how much someone i'm with earns (provided he can support himself). It's not my money so therefore, it's not my business.

I am sad and angered that women have this reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Trust me on this OP, as a humble college student, a species notorious for lack of wealth, money, while attractive to some, is not what these wealthy types are presenting.

People who are wealthy get that way for a reason. They are ambitious, they are determined, they know what they want and they are willing to put in the effort. Becoming wealthy is a result of all these personality traits and a visible result for the individual involved, therefore reinforcing these already popular traits and introducing confidence thanks to previous success and a sense of nonchalance about money which removes a massive amount of stress, again making them more attractive people. BUT this does not mean that wealthy people will always succeed in love. love and business aren't the same.

And while you may find it a cliche, it's true, money can't buy happiness. if i were asked to think of the most content people i know, they wouldn't be the richest people i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Again,

Tri - To clarify - I am not saying ALL women - (see above posts where I made this clear)

However I think it would be hard to logically argue that there is not a, quote "large proportion" that are. I don't think I attract the vulture type and the girls I grew up with have never seemed that way to me in the past. I did not grow up in a snobby area and we all went to public schools etc.etc so it's not like I grew up in Donnybrook and I'm talking about Mount Anville girls.

Anyway - thanks for your response. I think it is bad that women have this reputation too but I think they do . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

We're animals.

Men are attracted to women who are young and healthy -- they can provide healthy babies.
    Women are attracted to men who are strong and wealthy -- they can provide healthy babies, security and shelter.

A simple way of looking at this is to compare two clones, one with slightly more money, and one with slightly less money. Which one would the woman pick?

The same goes for penis size :) Which clone would the women pick? The one with the bigger or smaller penis...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

AARRRGH wrote: »
    We're animals.

Men are attracted to women who are young and healthy -- they can provide healthy babies.
    Women are attracted to men who are strong and wealthy -- they can provide healthy babies, security and shelter.

A simple way of looking at this is to compare two clones, one with slightly more money, and one with slightly less money. Which one would the woman pick?

The same goes for penis size :) Which clone would the women pick? The one with the bigger or smaller penis...?
    Sorry but generalisations all over the place here. I don't give a rats about money, nor penis size (provided we're not talking about a stump here):pac:

Tri wrote: »
    Sorry but generalisations all over the place here. I don't give a rats about money, nor penis size (provided we're not talking about a stump here):pac:

Of course there are exceptions, but as a general rule, women prefer men with money, and men prefer women who are young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

In a man I want kindness, humour, patience, tolerance, get up and go, attractive (even if only to me), strength, conviction, not a doormat loyalty and honesty. I don't want much do I? :D

Money? I'd love to not worry about money. But its way down a long list of things i want in a man. So is penis size.

Of course there are exceptions, but as a general rule, women prefer men with money, and men prefer women who are young.

In theory, yes and so the books say. But it often doesn't work out that way. The rule is there is no rule.

Karen_* wrote: »
    In theory, yes and so the books say. But it often doesn't work out that way. The rule is there is no rule.

I have to disagree.

There are a lot of women out there who rate money very highly.

The average middle class boards.ie nerd may not place too much importance on it, but are most of the women in the world like middle class boards.ie nerds?

I don't think so. :)

We're animals.

We're not animals. We're human beings and we have souls and minds and are not governed by instincts. God forbid it all happened exactly as you say or there'd never be any surprises or love or any real joy. In fact it would be quite miserable.

Yes there are indeed people who will only go for much younger women. There are women who will only go for the man with the money. But those people are whats known as shallow and it never really seems to bring them or those around them any happiness. In the main relationships are between people of in and around the same age. And there are millions of couples who are not rich.

I have to disagree.

There are a lot of women out there who rate money very highly.

The average middle class boards.ie nerd may not place too much importance on it, but are most of the women in the world like middle class boards.ie nerds?

I don't think so. :)

Well we'll agree to disagree so. I'm not saying there isn't something in what you're saying but I don't beleive that money or youth are really what it all boils down to when looking for a partner.

We're not animals.

Eh... we are animals. We just smarter than the average animal.
    we have souls

You don't really believe that do you?
    we have minds and are not governed by instincts.

All animals have minds, and we are governed by instincts. We may be able to override these instincts, but they're still there.
    God forbid it all happened exactly as you say or there'd never be any surprises or love or any real joy. In fact it would be quite miserable.

:confused:

Because humans have certain traits, it makes life void of surprises, love and real joy?

That's a tad dramatic isn't it?
    Yes there are indeed people who will only go for much younger women. There are women who will only go for the man with the money. But those people are whats known as shallow and it never really seems to bring them or those around them any happiness.

Absolute horse****.

You're personalising the issue and taking offence.

I accept you don't mind if the man has no money, but that's not the average woman.
    there are millions of couples who are not rich.

When did I say the man had to be rich?

You're taking this issue too personally. I'm not attacking you if you're old/poor/whatever.
    I don't beleive that money or youth are really what it all boils down to when looking for a partner.

How did you possibly interpret my posts that attraction all boils down to youth and money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Right:

I have been watching this thread.

ARRGH: now you are personalising it.

This is moving out of the realms of PI and i said i would move it if it did

• Advertisement

I'm not personalising anything or taking offence Aaargh. I was giving my opinions on a debatable topic. Now I don't particularly agree with what you're saying so I'll agree to disagree. I wouldn't say what you're saying is absolute horse, there's something in it as I've already conceeded. And yes I do beleive we have souls. My beleif and my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 REDMAN1983

Back on Topic

Are there any women reading this who will admit they are attracted to wealth and offer an explanation as to why ? (anonymous if needed)

I spent a summer in LA and it's as obvious as sin over there - seems the same here in Dublin tho the older I get. Wpuld be interested to see if OP gets any honest answers from those type of girls . . .

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

There are a whole host of reasons some noble (within reason - i.e a means to an end and not an end in itself), some ignoble.

Generally you will find that most people identify themselves with their job. Not all and it is a bit sad to think that is the principal part of who you are, but an awful lot of people do. There is of course a great dignity in work but it is not who you are as a person. Although in caring or say teaching professions there is a crossover to some extent. In other words peoples image of themselves is very much related to their job. They act or perceive themselves as this even when they are at their own leisure. Like a full time hat they wear so to speak. People in the finance sector therefore eat drink and sleep matters of a monetary nature. They can get somewhat one dimensional ... money makes the world go round and all that and are somewhat blinkered. Get a bit staid, boring & materialistic. Just like accountants, solicitors, estate agents et al.

Women who are not financially independent will be attracted to those men who are good providers. It says they (men) have get up and go are are going places. A dependent woman will want to hang to his coattails. They (men) also have added confidence - the quality that is most attractive to a women. Women who cannot create much of a life for themselves will therefore be most attracted to same. They want a high quality of life and standard of living for themselves and their kids. No one would want a life in the workhouse or always worrying about financial pressures if they could help it. Some women are quite happy to be kept as they do not invest in themselves and don't have much else to live for other than the married with 2.4 kids lifestyle as they are bound by their own self-imposed limitations. If you do not have many hobbies or social interests either they will need a man to occupy their time & minds or give them the tools to have any decent kind of life. At least based on their own limited minds. These kind of materialistic women want a hard working do as i say kind of man. There is a saying power is weakness disguised as strength, so these women have such a fear of losing a good thing, that they have to control it. Men under the thumb and all that.

Then there is the whole issue of self worth, self image and self esteem. People who are reared in urban environments with no appreciation of the countryside or nature tend to grow up in a materialistic or consumer world. They know know better. If they were reared in recessionary times (think of themselves as having a deprived childhood) & with no sense of themselves (lack soul as a lot of people do) they can get obsessed with compensating as adults for the rest of their lives. Designer kitchens, plasma tv's, suv's, foreign holidays etc. Low self-esteem will always get the upper hand over intelligence. Been educated does mean you are emotionally intelligent, an academic maybe but lacking self-knowledge. The lower a persons self-image the more important possessions become. If you do not take pride in yourself (have self respect), people take vain pride in their possessions because they need these thing to feel good about themselves. It cannot satisfy and so they go from one quick fix to the next, never happy. It becomes a will-of-the-wisp kind of thing looking for happiness in all the wrong places. Also you know the type where you hear parents wanting to give their children everything they didn't have as a child even if beyond their means and thinking they are doing good.:rolleyes:

An independent woman is optimal. One with real human values, many hobbies & interests. One for whom a relationship is or would be an important dimension of her life but not the centre of her world. Someone with a job she likes and with an outside passion that fulfils her, exercises, is cultured with a sense of adventure. Because the hello magazine bonehead, celebrity/reality tv obsessed couch potato, shopaholic material girl will do your head in and cannot satisfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

humans are animals but we're not Neanderthals. Today I read about Richard Dawkins who pretty much says that applying darwinian survival of the fittest logic to humans is not something he agrees with, ---we would have no art/poetry etc we would just fighting over women in a primitive way. And sure some people buy into that crap of money and status which circulates so much through the media and general conversation, and thats fine for them (although imo its brainwashing), but applying it as a natural law to all people is erroneous. Forming a relationship with someone (rather than selecting a mate, we are beings with the capacity for self reflection) is dependent on many factors, some people prioritize some over others, its dependent on the person, though culture can effect things. Independent thought is something that has been historically undervalued.

we would have no art/poetry etc we would just fighting over women in a primitive way

Could you explain this bit to me? I don't really understand what you mean. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

This is a serious question. It is not a rant or a brag or anything and is not intended to start an argument (i.e - "not all girls are after money" etc. - I know that, but it seems most are in Dublin, plus what you see in popular culture and what seems to have gone on forever)Thanks to the women who respond to this

I don't really think there is a cut-and-dry answer to this. But 'we are all just animals' bit doesn't wash with me anyway. Some men & women make conscience efforts to go for a partner with money.. and some just don't.

Just as there are men that go for youth, big tits, and even financially comfortable women.. there are ones that prefer smaller breasts and older ladies- and money is not a must.

It depends entirely on what angle you are looking at it from. Im not about to get defensive about it all, because this issue could go on till the end of time and I couldn't give a shyte who disagrees with me tbh.

But working in the kind of evirnoment that you do, Im sure you do see it all the time. Im not so sure I'd be comfortable working around that, but each to their own I say.

The guys on the 'victim' end of the money hungry women should learn by their mistakes, start noticing the pattern and change their own ways.

One doesn't get burnt without noticing, don't see why it should be any different tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

i think looks are more important to women in general than how much money a man makes
    i earn good money but im not shall we say wealthy in the looks dept , i have little success with the opposite sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

First, I know that all women are not attracted to money. But, in fairness there is no denying that a large proportion (I would say majority) are. Think about popular culture and what you see on a day to day basis - how often do you see wealthy men with model-looking women who you know wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the money ?

Dodgy logic ahoy. You argue that all women are attracted to money, because a small subset of women who have model looks are seen on the arms of wealthy men? Sorry dude, I don't buy your argument.
    Secondly, my issue is that it really makes me wonder what it is about money that so attracts. It's confusiong me a bit because like I said, I'm getting so much more interest from the girls I grew up with now (I'm 23 now) and I'm wondering if they're simply attracted to me more because now I can take them out and buy them things or is it just because the fact that I did well for myself and now dress well etc. makes me more attractive (am I getting this across clearly? I hope so).

Nobody can answer that for you. We're not telepathic. But yeah, it's fair to say that if you work in a job which is prestigious, or where there's the potential to earn lots of money, people will want to be friends with you (both sexual and platonic) in part because of your social and economic standing. I'm not disputing that's an unpleasant thought. I've gone from being in a position where economically I was a great prospect to being a lemon (damn you dot-com bubble-bursting!) and I was gobsmacked at how cruelly some people turned on me, all because of my work circumstances. I feel your pain, bro!
    Also, the women I meet around here (I live near Barrow Street) always ask "Where do you work?" " What do you do?" "Do you own/rent?" etc. Whereas when I was growing up or in college it was always "Where are you from?" "Do you know so-and-so?" etc.etc.

That area of Dublin is very suit-y. And the circles in Dublin you move in (finance) seem to me to be pretty materialistic. It's probably something you have to make your peace with, not *everyone* you encounter is going to be as shallow and money-oriented as you fear. You'll get @ssholes anywhere you go, every line of work and every town and city has their own flavour of d!ckhead.

I think you're going through a bit of a rude awakening because you're out of college, you've started working, and you seem to be surrounded by knobheads. We all go through it. You'll learn to accept it and deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Saw this thread this morning, tbh women look at money, society, looks as a key to choosing a partner. Its the basics of life! You wont be attracted to a knacker/druggie would you? If that same person cleaned up, has a job and is healthy u may find the person attractive!
    It's all in the head but we look at these things when considering a partner. Such is life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Women going for money makes sense to me and it fails me to understand why some men don't get that.

Some women want babies.
    Babies mean pregnancy.
    Pregnancy means time off work.
    Time off work means less money.
    Less money means your partner will have to support you.
    Pregnancy is over.
    Babs is in the picture.
    Babs costs lots of money.
    Woman recovers and goes back to work.
    Babs needs to be looked after by someone else costing money, which is generally taken outa the woman's pocket.

For the above to happen a woman has to be reliant on her partner to provide for and support the family unit. This is why I believe that money is inherently important to some women.

That said, I want babies and I earn about 5 times more than my partner.
    Does it bother me now? Nope.
    Will it bother me when a baby is on the horizon? Yup.
    Will I break up with him due to his lack of finances? When hell freezes over :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

1) Are women really that attracted to wealth

I don't understand the question?

Why would someone not be attracted to someone who is wealthy, assuming everything else appeals? Is wealthy supposed to be a turn off?

Its like asking why do women always go for men who wash ...

What is the great mystery here? Most men are attracted to women who are wealthy too. Wealthy provides opportunities. Nice presents, nice holidays, nice dinners, nice everything. It isn't even that that the woman (or man) wants their partner to pay for them, but it means they can at the very least pay for themselves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is it possibly a very simple answer? In a nightclub, rich men spend lots of money, have a good time and seem like interesting people. The poor men sit in a corner in their old clothes nursing a pint looking moody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Marksie, to clarify.

First, I know that all women are not attracted to money. But, in fairness there is no denying that a large proportion (I would say majority) are. Think about popular culture and what you see on a day to day basis - how often do you see wealthy men with model-looking women who you know wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the money ? Again, this post is not an attempt at stirring up an argument about whether all women are . . . simply to ask why the women that are, are?

Secondly, my issue is that it really makes me wonder what it is about money that so attracts. It's confusiong me a bit because like I said, I'm getting so much more interest from the girls I grew up with now (I'm 23 now) and I'm wondering if they're simply attracted to me more because now I can take them out and buy them things or is it just because the fact that I did well for myself and now dress well etc. makes me more attractive (am I getting this across clearly? I hope so). Also, the women I meet around here (I live near Barrow Street) always ask "Where do you work?" " What do you do?" "Do you own/rent?" etc. Whereas when I was growing up or in college it was always "Where are you from?" "Do you know so-and-so?" etc.etc.

I hope this is clear - it's Sunday morning so I did my best ! If not I can clarify further.

Thanks to all those that have / will respond

So far, the answers have been pretty much :

* The hunter / gathererer / provider thing (Animal Instinct)
    * Rich men are more confident
    * It's because I work in finance (I don't agree with this at all - look at entertainment/sport/property etc.etc.)
    * Security

Do you mind me asking why you went into the job you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

Wicknight wrote: »
    Most men are attracted to women who are wealthy too.

It's nice if they can afford to holidays or whatever, but if a woman can afford
    to pay for rent, food and go out every so often, I've no further financial consideration. I know people who couldn't date a woman more successful than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Up until the mid 70's in this country there was the Marriage Bar. A Woman had to quit her job when she married. If I were to quit my job when I marry (fat chance of either, tbh) then I would want to be damn sure I and the childers get provided for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I am a woman and I don't find wealthy men more attractive. To be honest, I find men who are showy about their income a major turn-off!

Perhaps it has something to do with the women you meet around where you work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder how many women are involved with wealthy and intelligent psychopaths who are considered the "ideal catch". There is a misconception among people that all psychopaths are criminals and violent maniacs- they're not. Many psychopaths outwardly have all the traits that society deems desirable and admirable. It is actually their psychopathy that actually aids them in getting on in their careers.
    They'd never dream of breaking the law but beneath the veneer of moral recitude they lack empathy and don't really give a crap about anyone- including those they are involved with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I wonder how many women are involved with wealthy and intelligent psychopaths who are considered the "ideal catch". There is a misconception among people that all psychopaths are criminals and violent maniacs- they're not. Many psychopaths outwardly have all the traits that society deems desirable and admirable. It is actually their psychopathy that actually aids them in getting on in their careers.
    They'd never dream of breaking the law but beneath the veneer of moral recitude they lack empathy and don't really give a crap about anyone- including those they are involved with.

where did you learn this **** , are you a shrink or have you just watched AMERICAN PSYCHO with christian bale too many times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

irish_bob wrote: »
    where did you learn this **** , are you a shrink or have you just watched AMERICAN PSYCHO with christian bale too many times

A cogent rebuttal.
    If you think it's **** then i guess it must be so. I defer to your greater knowledge on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well they probably would break that law if they knew they could get away with it, being psychopaths and all.

Some rich successful men do have a psychopathic personality that allows them to do things such as walk over people if it means getting their own way or using dodgy techniques to run out a struggling local businessman if he gets in the way of business without feeling sorry for busting the guy.

This is how it is Irish bob. Never mind that killer Bateman chap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement