Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ethics of PUA

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

@Snow-Monkey

Your misunderstanding is one that I've encountered so many times its ridiculous. Usually my current or old friends who'd seen/heard about me doing a lot better and were like "Look...I don't NEED this or anything...but show me what it is anyway..."

The people that did stick at it usually had Eureka moments that were identical to each other. It's one of the things I genuinely miss about teaching guys this stuff, getting to be there for the exact moment you see someone 'click' and know that the cogs in their brains are now in place for them to change their entire life around. What usually followed said Eureka moment was something like "Ohhh, I didn't know this was FUN!" or "Ohhh, I didn't know I could just be myself and do this...I thought I had to completely change!"

See if it turned men into robots, as you describe, I'd be dead against it myself. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I'm a big personality...hardly typical or robot-like. So downsizing myself to fit a robotic personality for the sheer sake of getting the ride wouldn't exactly be appealing to me.

What is great about this is that it essentially just lets you fill in the blanks. It offers solutions for general problems you're facing, new ideas and concepts you may not have considered before and genuinely interesting outside concepts (NLP being one, I particularly love cold-reading personally) that you can learn about on top of it all.

To use a geeky comparison (simply because I'm obsessed with my new Mac and can't think of a better one after work) it's more like installing Add-Ons to make your current software run more effectively for your purpose than completely re-hauling your entire system.

I'm not trying to sell you on it...like you really need to see and experience it in action to understand exactly what I'm saying and you seem set in your ways...but just saying that your idea of it is a bit off the mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I think the most important thing when learning PUA or learning from it's sources is about breaking habits you don't even realise are just habit and aren't "you" and learning to really enjoy yourself in the moment when approaching women. I find there is a certain "rhythm" to the way you chat up women well, I think PUA can help you find that "rhythm" of chatting up women through which you can let your inner personality flow out. I haven't been approaching women in a while now and I really miss it, I find it a great way to destress after a tough week in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

At the end of the day a confident girl will see through a one track nerd who just wants to sleep with her.

However, the plus is it gives guys who would otherwise never talk to girls a chance or the belief to at least interact with girls. This can only be good and then they can develop confidence and be themselves.

At the end of the day theres only so many women you can sleep with before you want something more original. I actually started to hang out with a few girls even a couple with boyfriends and they're great company. I don't think the pua wants you to hang out with girls, it's more flirt and develop attraction with them.

The worst thing is to wake up in the morning with a girl you really don't want to hang around with, i'd prefer to watch the Ireland Wales game with a girl who's crazy about rugby. Pua seems to focus on getting the girl to bed.

but that's probably an unfair label on it, it's probably a much more complex profession now. I used to use pick-up alot back when that Neil Strauss book came out. I don't use it anymore at all, I genuinely believe that women have a 6th sense that you're good with women when they meet you. I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

At the end of the day a confident girl will see through a one track nerd who just wants to sleep with her.

However, the plus is it gives guys who would otherwise never talk to girls a chance or the belief to at least interact with girls. This can only be good and then they can develop confidence and be themselves.

At the end of the day theres only so many women you can sleep with before you want something more original. I actually started to hang out with a few girls even a couple with boyfriends and they're great company. I don't think the pua wants you to hang out with girls, it's more flirt and develop attraction with them.

The worst thing is to wake up in the morning with a girl you really don't want to hang around with, i'd prefer to watch the Ireland Wales game with a girl who's crazy about rugby. Pua seems to focus on getting the girl to bed.

but that's probably an unfair label on it, it's probably a much more complex profession now. I used to use pick-up alot back when that Neil Strauss book came out. I don't use it anymore at all, I genuinely believe that women have a 6th sense that you're good with women when they meet you. I really do.

Yeah, I dunno, if you're looking for just sex then do what you can - be charming, funny, intelligent, lie a little - if you can, as long as its fair on both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement