Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a place on the grad dip primary teaching

Options
  • 04-07-2008 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i am trying desperately to get into the grad dip in primary teaching in mary i. I am looking into the following:
    Teaching english as a forgein language
    getting a job in an Irish collage over the summer
    Volunteering with the ISPCC
    subbing
    Does anyone have any other suggestions that would increase my chances of getting into the course??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sandar

Hi,
    am in the same boat, I have finally decided 100% teaching is what i want to do and i'm finding it so hard to get concrete information on what things i need to be doing to bulk up my appliation, whether i can do sub work to gain experience and how in dept the Irish part of thr interview is, i'm not exactly fluent but would be grand if i brushed up. Its a pity there isnt more info out there on the postgrad...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

I know a few people who have been trying to get into these as well and obviously they are extremely competitive. The Irish is the major stumbling point for lots of people so nailing this in the interview would undoubtedly help. I know one girl who gave an odd answer in her interview in Irish even though it wasnt in Irish she was asked, and got in, although this wasnt in Mary I.
    Maybe get some sports coaching qualifications too or some work experience at summer camps along with some observation hours in a classroom environment. Why not try Hibernia too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

ya i want the grad dip too. have the sports quals already and a masters degree to my name need to brush up on the irish though
    have to look into subbing or observation time in schools

Advertisement