Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Love is not a feeling, but a decision"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pout

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:

Who are you to suggest what i have expierienced?
    "is that either (a) you've been recently burned, or (b) it's never happened to you.

That pretty much covers every human being.
    Amazing expierience my ass, and the theory "no man is an island" is till up for discussion in my book.

</font>

Awww. Has poor lickle wickle boy been dumped? Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pout:
    Awww. Has poor lickle wickle boy been dumped? Bless.

</font>

Nope, never been dumped, and never will i let someone do it to me, i always get to the punch line first.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pout

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    Nope, never been dumped, and never will i let someone do it to me, i always get to the punch line first.
    </font>

My apologies. Mea Culpa. Pardon me all over the place! I had no intention of casting asparagus on your charachter. Of course you haven't been dumped. You just sound as if you have. while not meaning to cause any more offence, but you do sound just a TAD bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Scrooge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Love is neither purely emotion or decision. because to get to it you have to have a number of logical decisions on the way, but these would have been tempered by the emotion itself as it grows.
    Actually maybe I should change that from Love (The sunburst feeling) to being In Love, where you have committed to it.

You can choose to walk away from someone you are falling for, or to get closer, so decision making is a factor.

As for it making life worth living, well it's also possible that the withdrawal affects are what make the rest of your life unsatisfying. Taste it once and you need another hit to feel okay.

Anyway the only thing I think we can truly say about being in love is it will always be too short. Whether it ends naturally, by choice or simply old age and death, it's never long enough...

(Ps. By now I thought ye all would have realised Chernobyl is having fun playing Mr Ice)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Vanilla Ice?

CreeD you really are too wise. Your post was enlightening and made perfect sense, so much I agree with you. smile.gif

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement