Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I have nothing to offer the world but my own confusion"

• 30-05-2001 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Can't remember who it is a quote from..

But its worthy of a discussion methinks smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jaques Keroac (I know that's spelt wrong). I know this because the Manic street preachers had it on the back of one of their t-shirts wink.gif

Never read any of his stuff - someone told me a bit about it and it all seemed a bit much for me curlydav.gif

I would love to know more...

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

not that great a read dav, but i guess its whatever direction you come from....
    real pop culture stuff

One Of your Imps Does A Good Impersonation Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I thought it was someone who spelt their name with a K, but I'm not sure, I think I first saw it on a t-shirt also, but it's been in my head for so long now smile.gif

I'll take WWM's opinion and not buy the book though.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:

I'll take WWM's opinion and not buy the book though.
    </font>

ahh now in all fairness, read it and make up your own mind, but get it from a library or a friend or something. im just not into the whole pop culture thing. unless its pop science or maths or something which i do find interesting.
    but all this first person life changing stuff is for the birds. grand daddy of em all imho is catcher in the rye. a classic book appaerntly but goddamn it i hated holden caufield. christ what a moany jumped up little annoying boy he was. grrr, even thinking about it annoys me smile.gif

er, so yeah, thats my opinion on pop culture!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    unless its pop science or maths or something which i do find interesting.

</font>

Have you read "Fermat's Last Theorem?" or similiar?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:
    Have you read "Fermat's Last Theorem?" or similiar?</font>

nope. but i did enjoy 100 pages of Pi that had it 1million decimal points smile.gif

You'd love PI the restaraunt in Cork then, 300 odd digits of Pi on the windows, pity about the food....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

PI has been calculated to something like 14 billion decimal places, though that was about four years back.

Interestingly there is no pattern emerges with he entire number after the decimal. Mathamatically that is very rare. Some say impossible, the perfect random number.

I am sure it it not interesting to read but beats Karuwac (hippy twat and fraud extradinaire).

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Magwitch:
    PI has been calculated to something like 14 billion decimal places, though that was about four years back.

Interestingly there is no pattern emerges with he entire number after the decimal. Mathamatically that is very rare. Some say impossible, the perfect random number.

I am sure it it not interesting to read but beats Karuwac (hippy twat and fraud extradinaire).
    </font>

Its the same ith all non-constructable numbers to the best of my knowledge, e for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement