Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Lakeland April milk price 35.40 c/l inc VAT and a 1 c/l unconditional bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold up 0.5 cent to 34.35 base. 0.65 bonus added after for qa + milk quality

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lios67

37.9 Dairygold

• Registered Users Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lakelands have increased their milk price by 1.6cpl to 36cpl

GI base price up 1cpl to 35.18cpl. Glanbia Member May milk price 35.6cpl inc VAT and Share of GI Profit.

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/news/glanbia-milk-price-may-2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Any word on kerrys milk price. Can't find anything online about it

Drinagh up to 36.29 incl vat and scc bonus according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Henwin wrote: »
    Any word on kerrys milk price. Can't find anything online about it

35 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭older by the day

Drinagh ,up 1 cent. 36.29 cpl, Includes scc and vat
    Sorry saw moo had it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

oxjkqg wrote: »
    35 cent

More misleading than leading. Very dissatisfied with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn up 1.25 vat inc to 35.81

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭straight

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    More misleading than leading. Very dissatisfied with that.

Your hardly surprised. We'll be due some ball of a 13th payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn up 1.25 vat inc to 35.81

remind me again what was the FPS they were offering last January :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

orm0nd wrote: »
    remind me again what was the FPS they were offering last January :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

32 cent I think ….glad I fixed nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It always pays to ride the rhino, you just have to stay onboard

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭alps

31 if you didnt qualify through inputs purchases..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

alps wrote: »
    31 if you didnt qualify through inputs purchases..

Which would cost you a lot more than 1c/ltr.

Which would cost you a lot more than 1c/ltr.

Both of ye are right on both ,the having to purchase the inputs to get 32 just turned me right off as I wouldn’t of qualified as buy practically no feed through them they were competitive for fertiliser earlier in year but not at races currently I hear and all the usual issues including price remain with feed ……the shop in Tyone is also an absolute rob ….more interested in flowers snd all that stuff than what should be there core business ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭alps

Both of ye are right on both ,the having to purchase the inputs to get 32 just turned me right off as I wouldn’t of qualified as buy practically no feed through them they were competitive for fertiliser earlier in year but not at races currently I hear and all the usual issues including price remain with feed ……the shop in Tyone is also an absolute rob ….more interested in flowers snd all that stuff than what should be there core business ,

Its a concept that should be resisted on all levels. It subsidises inefficient sales practices. If farmer owned business cannot compete with private enterprise, they serve the farmer badly by forming any compulsion to buy..

alps wrote: »
    Its a concept that should be resisted on all levels. It subsidises inefficient sales practices. If farmer owned business cannot compete with private enterprise, they serve the farmer badly by forming any compulsion to buy..

Fully agree on that ,I’m ok with fixing a portion of milk as lot of commitements atm but not with a caveat like that thrown in .saying that even without that extra thrown in to our last fixed scheme I wouldn’t of fixed any milk at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It always pays to ride the rhino, you just have to stay onboard

It's very rare recently that the fixed price is any better than the normal price. Lads must be down a fair whack this last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's very rare recently that the fixed price is any better than the normal price. Lads must be down a fair whack this last few months

I've been paying insurance on cars, tractors, a house and farm with 30 years and never claimed for a cent. But I'll still keep paying to have it.

The idea of fixed prices are fine, once it's just the amount sold and bought is fixed. Any external influence on that makes it a load of bollox

Dairygold up to 35.1c base, plus 0.65c Q& S bonuses

Mooooo wrote: »

So that's 35.75 plus solids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mooooo wrote: »

What are dairygolds quality bonuses Mooooo? My last two tbc here were 2 & 4. Average SCC for the last 6 weeks would be about 45 but no bonuses for these with Glanbia.

So that's 35.75 plus solids?

Solids adjustment is carried out at 35.1. The 0.65 is just added after, if you get it

Grueller wrote: »
    What are dairygolds quality bonuses Mooooo? My last two tbc here were 2 & 4. Average SCC for the last 6 weeks would be about 45 but no bonuses for these with Glanbia.

.1 is for QA bord bia, .15 is for milk recording and health screening and then a scorecard is used for the 0.4 for milk quality. A full score card is 55 points, above 50 will get you the full 0.4c I think and it drops with lower the score on the scorecard, scc is worth 20 points if below 200, 200 to 250 is 15 points and so on, the other 30 are split amongst tbc, etc.

Grueller wrote: »

Excellent quality there, my scc has gone up to 120 but have found the two culprits. Tbc generally around the 5 mark. Thermo has been highish but an issue with hot water I think is that problem. Must powerwash the parlour and change liners as well in the next week or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lios67

39.14 Dairygold

Advertisement