Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Currently enjoying a Brú Piqo Grodziskie. Never had this beer type before but I love smokey. This is fairly intense. Think you need to eat something with it but I'm enjoying it all the same. Liquid bacon
    I really enjoyed it too (with crisps, does that count?) - a bit more sessionable than Schlenkerla I felt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ErwinBrickyard

Mod Snip: No advertising please

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you going to have space to keep up the delivery when the bar reopens inside? Liam from Beercloud had to get a warehouse to clear the pub for reopening (as told on the IndieBeerWeek video chat).

Need to head back to the pub when its easier; last time was sheltering from an unseasonable wind storm when meant to be working at something in Airfield :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I think its great Whiplash keep naming some of their cans after Pixie songs and Daniel Avery tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Twee. wrote: »
    My beer course is focussing on American beer this week and I went to three shops to get Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Lagunitas IPA, only got the Sierra and that was in Lidl! Tons of great Irish beer everywhere I went which is deadly to see of course. I'm sure I could have gotten them elsewhere but a fourth trip wasn't happening. I was able to get the Light Lager suggestion easy enough... Coors Light on the menu this evening! :P

Lidl sell Sierra Nevada? Any discount to the usual €3ish a bottle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ErwinBrickyard

L1011 wrote: »
    Are you going to have space to keep up the delivery when the bar reopens inside? Liam from Beercloud had to get a warehouse to clear the pub for reopening (as told on the IndieBeerWeek video chat).

Need to head back to the pub when its easier; last time was sheltering from an unseasonable wind storm when meant to be working at something in Airfield :pac:

We will indeed. Our storage room is bigger than the bar floor with a large coldroom so we’re well equipped.

We’re thrilled to have pints flowing again. New outdoor area helps massively but nothing can stop the wind 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lidl sell Sierra Nevada? Any discount to the usual €3ish a bottle?

4 pack for a tenner, the California IPA was 4 for 9 the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tried the first of my Derry stash last night. Clwb Tropicana by Tiny Rebel. Not what I remember, the tropical flavour appeared quite synthetic to me. It mellowed a but the longer it was open but still not as good as I'd remembered from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

At the weekend I took an old school goo for O'Haras Red but it's been AWOL in a lot of shops that I was in. I took to a Tesco where I saw one on the shelf and asked was there any more, the staffer checked and said yes and went of to get them.

Five minutes later he came back and said that it was a stock error and they were sold out :rolleyes:.

I settled for some Sunburst; nice in it's own way but it wasn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

At the weekend I took an old school goo for O'Haras Red but it's been AWOL in a lot of shops that I was in. I took to a Tesco where I saw one on the shelf and asked was there any more, the staffer checked and said yes and went of to get them.

Five minutes later he came back and said that it was a stock error and they were sold out :rolleyes:.

I settled for some Sunburst; nice in it's own way but it wasn't the same.

I actually prefer their O Sheas red ale in Aldi.
    I find the vanilla way too sickly in their O Haras red.
    Might be worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I actually prefer their O Sheas red ale in Aldi.
    I find the vanilla way too sickly in their O Haras red.
    Might be worth a punt?

It’s awol as well, or at least it has been any of my about weekly stops in their stores. Plenty of IPA’s mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

A friend got one of those Father's Day boxes from White Hag. Had a few too many of those manky pastry stouts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AnTarbh

Effects wrote: »
    A friend got one of those Father's Day boxes from White Hag. Had a few too many of those manky pastry stouts in it.

The pastry stouts are the best things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Really? I thought they were dire.
    The Fionn DIPA was in the box, which is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Ah, Olan's Tart, how I've missed you... warm evening...BBQ and football, not too shabby at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Effects wrote: »
    The dark druid series is over represented in their gift boxes lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Opened the Hope Gorse infused Tripel(8.8%) last night, had a few sips and poured it down the sink. First time I've done that with a beer in a long time. There was some hints of that gorse aroma but I just found it very syrupy and harsh. The little bit I did drink I could feel rumbling uneasily in my stomach. Maybe some people will like it but just not for me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Opened the Hope Gorse infused Tripel(8.8%) last night, had a few sips and poured it down the sink. First time I've done that with a beer in a long time. There was some hints of that gorse aroma but I just found it very syrupy and harsh. The little bit I did drink I could feel rumbling uneasily in my stomach. Maybe some people will like it but just not for me.

Haven't tried it yet, but had a go of the Stroopwafel stout the other night. It was a very nice stout, but surprisingly bitter given what it was advertised as. I would have expected it to be quite sweet, but there wasn't even a hint of caramel that you'd expect from stroopwafels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Wicklow Wolf Vortex Illusion. Solid WW fare. Piney, malty, hoppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Whiplash have Setting Sun back on their roster again. Typical Whiplash fare, doing what they do best. A rich, hazy, juicy DIPA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

i953trB.jpg

Had some beers ordered for birthday weekend, this one was like drinking raspberry ice cream.

bloody delcious

I think this place died!!

This afternoon I'll mostly be drinking,

Rascal's Siamese Dream

Black's Ace of Haze

Kinnegars Olans Tart

Crooked Stave's Earl Grey saison

& Poppels sour fruit ale strawberry

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Being able to go to the local the last 2 months has had me reducing my home time intake.

That being said, Oettinger is back in Lidl baby, and I'm alright with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone having trouble getting Franciscan Well Archway ? Its probably my favorite beer but seems to be out of stock alot the last few months. I am in Cork so usually its all the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Presently drinking Abittt à Tibi' beer from Belgh Brasse in Laval Quebec.

A very well put together IPA. Nice dry short bitter aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Drinking a Verdant Putty at the moment. It's about ten days past its best before date - have never had it fresh but must say its going down well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a Lough Gill Rough Wave Session IPA yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Also had a Raspberry Ripple Sour by Lough Gill which I also found rather pleasant. Not my favourite sour but certainly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

The Crafty Brewing Company - Irish Craft Pale Ale 4.5%

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Adnams Ghost Ship is currently in absolutely outstanding condition on cask at the Three Tun in Blackrock. €2.65 a pint today.

• Advertisement

I can’t imagine how a beer like that would work flat but be interested to try it. Do their other outlets have it?

Advertisement