Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POTW 569: 10/4/21 - 16/4/21

• 16-05-2021 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Adrian.Sadlier
    v2?sig=6e753c6c725a5cdd7d8572b785355430b3160aa5cd45ba6388dcd4e9f2a49485

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Gregor Samsa
    51114408796_1b35242bb4_b.jpg

sheesh
    51114091770_58442a0a98_z.jpg

NEW WAVE
    4geatQf.jpg

keps
    51107271994_62dc045a70_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Adrian
    Information on the winning shot would be appreciated.

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks, as ever, to Myksyk, for keeping this going.

This was taken in the National Botanic Gardens, shortly after the 5K limit was lifted. I went there looking for the Mandarin Ducks I captured the previous year. No sign of him. But as ever, the squirrels obliged. Taken with my (current) wildlife favourite combination - D810 and Nikon 200-500 f/5.6, wide open at 480mm, ISO 400, 1/320", handheld as usual.

Edited in LR and PS. Added a little Texture and clarity to the squirrel. Negative clarity to the background to blur it a little it more, curves adjustment. All in LR. Then into PS to adjust levels.

Like all of us, I can't wait to go out with my camera gear just to take photos rather than just carrying my camera with me everywhere, within the same area. And maybe even make some images of other human beings, living!

Here's to freedom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

just saw this now ! HM wahoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Oletimer

Thanks, as ever, to Myksyk, for keeping this going.

This was taken in the National Botanic Gardens, shortly after the 5K limit was lifted. I went there looking for the Mandarin Ducks I captured the previous year. No sign of him. But as ever, the squirrels obliged. Taken with my (current) wildlife favourite combination - D810 and Nikon 200-500 f/5.6, wide open at 480mm, ISO 400, 1/320", handheld as usual.

Edited in LR and PS. Added a little Texture and clarity to the squirrel. Negative clarity to the background to blur it a little it more, curves adjustment. All in LR. Then into PS to adjust levels.

Like all of us, I can't wait to go out with my camera gear just to take photos rather than just carrying my camera with me everywhere, within the same area. And maybe even make some images of other human beings, living!

Here's to freedom!

Inspired by that shot as it is one of my favourite subjects, and what a coincidence as I am debating whether to spend £1000 buying that particular Nikkor 200-500 f/5.6 lens. Your shot makes the decision for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

sheesh wrote: »
    just saw this now ! HM wahoo!

Congrats. Was that in fenit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Congrats. Was that in fenit?

that is fenit pier taken from blennerville bridge near Tralee

• Advertisement
Advertisement