Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woman in the Window

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭horse7

Just enjoy it, there's no car chase, shoot me up scenes, but if you like a bit of old school Hitchcock, you'll enjoy it.

horse7 wrote: »
    Just enjoy it, there's no car chase, shoot me up scenes, but if you like a bit of old school Hitchcock, you'll enjoy it.

I might give it a go. It’s hardly Hitchcock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Load of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Absolute muck. I've never seen Gary Oldman or Julianne Moore (was she meant to be playing someone in their 30s/40s?) worse in anything. Mad that in 2021 the third act reveal is
    people with clear mental health issues and who deserve sympathy are dangerous and will try to kill you. Gary should've been slapping him harder!
    The person in the movie with mental health issues did get sympathy (from the police and others) and wasn’t trying to kill anyone. That was Amy Adams character.

As to the killer, he didn’t have mental health issues. He was just an evil prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

What a terrible film. The acting, especially from Julianne Moore, is awful! It does have Girl On The Train vibes but IMO that is much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

horse7 wrote: »

Yes, it was a good old Hitchcock type film. Very enjoyable although
    the crime and who was who was very easy to see through but I did not see the twist with Adams coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think you might be better off watching Copycat with Sigourney Weaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭crushproof

Dear lord the book is decent but this was a shocking adaption. Stellar cast woefully let down. Could clearly see that it should have been adapted for the theatre rather than big screen. 3/10

For those who, like me, did not think this was the worst thing ever imaginable in the whole wide world ....sending thoughts and prayers....

tenor.gif

As far as turds go, this is a tour de force.

The ne plus ultra of turds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What a terrible film. The acting, especially from Julianne Moore, is awful! It does have Girl On The Train vibes but IMO that is much better
    If you think that was bad watch "The House At The End Of The Street".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had to turn it off halfway through. There woidl have been walk outs if cinemas were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

chicorytip wrote: »
    If you think that was bad watch "The House At The End Of The Street".

I actually faired better with that tbh a bad film for sure and as bland as the title but this had a budget ×6 more times than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

It was rubbish. A shameful waste of good actors. The fact that the opening shot shows a scene from Rear Window isn't good; just (re)watch that instead.

Advertisement