Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bikes Issue - Service Suspended

Options
  • 17-05-2021 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Frustrating situation with Dublin Bikes at the moment.

I have an annual subscription.

I also signed up to their ebikes scheme last week. They sent me out the battery and two days later they attempted to take the payment for it (this is normal)

The payment was rejected. I tried to make the payment online and using the app but it kept being rejected. Tried another card but same deal.

They locked my account until a payment is made. I am unable to take a bike at the moment.

Trying to get through to them since Thursday but would not answer the phone. Finally got through this morning and they confirmed there is an issue with the payments and there is no idea at the moment of when it will be resolved.

I am pretty irate about it. They locked out my ability to take bikes even though my basic subscription is paid up for the year.

They wont unlock my account. Operator on the phone didnt want to know and couldnt give a sh1te.

Very poor form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Tzardine wrote: »
    Frustrating situation with Dublin Bikes at the moment.

I have an annual subscription.

I also signed up to their ebikes scheme last week. They sent me out the battery and two days later they attempted to take the payment for it (this is normal)

The payment was rejected. I tried to make the payment online and using the app but it kept being rejected. Tried another card but same deal.

They locked my account until a payment is made. I am unable to take a bike at the moment.

Trying to get through to them since Thursday but would not answer the phone. Finally got through this morning and they confirmed there is an issue with the payments and there is no idea at the moment of when it will be resolved.

I am pretty irate about it. They locked out my ability to take bikes even though my basic subscription is paid up for the year.

They wont unlock my account. Operator on the phone didnt want to know and couldnt give a sh1te.

Very poor form.

I’ve paid my subscription (didn’t signup for e bikes) and now I can’t use the service at all. OH in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

is this because your credit card has 3D security but Dublinbikes hasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you paid for the yearly subscription by credit card, start a chargeback procedure, which costs jcdecaux much more than the annual fee.

Or make a gdpr SAR to find out why you were blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

They released it a few days after my OP when they sorted their systems and we're able to take the payment.

And as you may have seen, they have now suspended the ebikes service due to battery faults. They are recalling the batteries.

Not a great experience all told. (Although the bikes do work well)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

they haven't answered my phone calls for two weeks. Unable to re - subscribe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement