Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Cox Photography alternatives

Options
  • 27-04-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

First off - huge fan of Peter Cox and have a lot of his prints already. So just looking to get some suggestions of similar quality Irish photographers, whose prints I can buy online. Not looking for any style in particular - just quality Irish photographers who take decent landscape images ( I should say I'm also a big fan of Giles Norman but on this occasion I need some colour prints)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

First off - huge fan of Peter Cox and have a lot of his prints already. So just looking to get some suggestions of similar quality Irish photographers, whose prints I can buy online. Not looking for any style in particular - just quality Irish photographers who take decent landscape images ( I should say I'm also a big fan of Giles Norman but on this occasion I need some colour prints)

Thanks for any help.

Peter Gordon, Norman Mccloskey, Michael McLaughlin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you mean irish photographers who take good landscapes, or photographers who take good irish landscapes?

rohan reilly has some excellent stuff but much of it is not taken in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

do you mean irish photographers who take good landscapes, or photographers who take good irish landscapes?

rohan reilly has some excellent stuff but much of it is not taken in ireland.

Irish based Photographers - I just want to shop local/buy Irish where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Thanks for all the suggestions above ... plenty to work with there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

https://hangtough.ie/

good mix there, Savage and Smyth in particular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Niall Brew, I bought a few prints from him. Some good prices.

niallbrew.com is his website.

He's got some unique ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭amerden

You should try: Rodney O'Callaghan Photography

https://www.rocphoto.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I might also mention Bernard Geraghty and Reuben Fields. They would have a different "style" to the more traditional photographers I named earlier. They had an exhibition in Dublin a few months back, looked great framed large. Also Kieran Russell who would have a similar style to Rohan Reilly and is based in the South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

John Hooton does a lot around the Dingle peninsula.

• Advertisement
Advertisement