Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Sherpafest (PS4 Leviathan: Oct 17th-23rd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Watched some vids on the skull room boss fight - that 2nd barrier just wasn't showing last night for some reason - anyway I have the knowledge now and looking forwards to finishing it this evening :)

EDIT - big thanks to the team coaching us through the areas - gauntlet seemed the hardest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm available tonight and tomorrow from 9/9:30 if there's enough for another group to kick things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

EDIT - big thanks to the team coaching us through the areas - gauntlet seemed the hardest for me.

I feel I got away scot-ree running the gauntlet. The pleasure gardens was toughest for me. Orientation went out the window when panic ensues! Took a while to get the nack of the room. Had the map opened in front of me and once I got to grips with forest and rocks, I felt better about reaching my beast and the safe room.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I feel I got away scot-ree running the gauntlet. The pleasure gardens was toughest for me. Orientation went out the window when panic ensues! Took a while to get the nack of the room. Had the map opened in front of me and once I got to grips with forest and rocks, I felt better about reaching my beast and the safe room.

I have found since i have started playing the top part of the pleasure gardens I know my way around so much more. Part of the problem being a spore runner is that there is a good chance you are just following a person who already has an idea where they are going - so the only direction you actually need to know 90% of the time is how to get back over to Dudeeile (for example) - not how to get from Trees to midright to safe room. Very tough to oreintate yourself down there, took all of us a lot of wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Sunday from 7 or Monday from 8 are the only nights that suit this week for me if that suits. I realise this is late in the week and a lot may have already raided a few times so no hassle if doesn't.

• Advertisement

Sherpafest#1 run done.

Dude, Totz, myself, Dr Jimbob, Ginger and Petking.

PSN tried to stop us.... doing the underbelly perhaps was a bad idea.... but damn it we got it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

We had to abandon last night cos people kept getting kicked from the party at Calus.
    Take 2 tonight will hopefully go better, think the lads understand the mechanics now as well, so should go reasonably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Thanks for all the help, didn't think I would ever complete a raid.

There is a lot of content in there that a lot of people will not experience with the 6 player/no matchmaking deterring casual/singles. Very happy to have it sorted.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    We had to abandon last night cos people kept getting kicked from the party at Calus.
    Take 2 tonight will hopefully go better, think the lads understand the mechanics now as well, so should go reasonably well.

Don't ye try coming in here claiming a sherpafest - your raid was organised on the PS4-Arrange a Raid thread - not here. BEGONE, you have NO claim here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Been told that the earliest I can expect my power to be back is Friday 8pm (which I am not banking on, particularly with this 2nd "storm" inbound")
    So I might not be able to participate in this in the capacity I would have hoped.
    Probably gonna go stay with my sister for a weekend but she has a baby so talking loudly on a headset for a few hours would definitely be outstaying my welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Been told that the earliest I can expect my power to be back is Friday 8pm (which I am not banking on, particularly with this 2nd "storm" inbound")
    So I might not be able to participate in this in the capacity I would have hoped.
    Probably gonna go stay with my sister for a weekend but she has a baby so talking loudly on a headset for a few hours would definitely be outstaying my welcome.

BECOME PROFICIENT little one.

Don't believe him lads - he never had ANY intention of sherpaing, never! He's using this 'storm' and 'no power' as a convenient excuse.

The Generic I remember wouldn't have let a storm stop him - the generic i know would have squatted in an empty house with just a TV, a bag of cans and a net connection to get a raid done. This Generic.... I don't even know who this is....

Updated table.

Any runs going on this evening for numbers 6 -> 13?

No. PSN/Boards Name Exp Level Availability Assigned a Slot? Day/Time? PoC Status
    1 GenericDreadHead Sherpa Weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm - - - MIA
    2 Conovar Sherpa Can't play Saturday night. - - - -
    3 JonnyCivic Sherpa Most evening from 6ish - - - -
    4 Dudeeile Sherpa Evenings from 7pm. - - - -
    5 Wonda-boy Sherpa - - - - -
    6 DeadlyByDesign Newbie -
    7 Daithi_Zarkov68 Newbie Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30.
    8 Longford_Leader Newbie Online from 9.30/10pm any night.
    9 Maxiburke Newbie -
    10 Roadie_2013 Newbie -
    11 Dr_Rod_Doom Newbie 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday
    12 The40Watt Newbie -
    13 OnlyTobes Newbie Available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards.
    14 Yakuza Newbie 8PM starts are fine for me Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic Ongoing
    15 Terryc63 Newbie Any night from 7 Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic Ongoing
    16 ginger_hammer Newbie - Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    17 Petking Newbie Weeknights Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    18 DoctorJimbob Newbie Evenings at 6 or 7 except Monday and Wednesday Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    19 SolvableKnave Experienced Evenings from 9pm.
    20 CDBWhoop Experienced 9:30 Wednesday and Thursday night
    21 Totzeire1 Experienced -
    22 L_Carruth Experienced -
    23 Goon_Magee Experienced Preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday.
    24 MadMadra32 Experienced Available Saturday evening/night
    25 McMafia77 Experienced Friday or Saturday night
    26 ChimpAhoy Experienced -
    27 Dmehigan Experienced Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards.
    28 Notorious Experienced Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Thanks for the run guys! :) The underbelly (while I knew it existed) was all new to me. Hadn't seen anything of what it looked like or how it worked.

Need to work on my ad control at Calus, wasn't happy with it. Always had too many on my side, and it was always a fluke when I didn't die (I could have cost more revives than I already did!).

From watching videos in advance, I had no idea of whatever mechanic is there regarding your health not regenning right before the DPS phase. It was a bit of a curve ball for me. I'd be fighting ads or possibly getting hit by his beam, and not realise I should be moving to centre to weaken his shield, then I'm screwing the team (Dude) because I'm starting on half health. On our successful run I was responsible for taking his shield completely, far too quickly, because I wasn't prepared to monitor my health as well as his shield and was holding the trigger down as I watched my health bar in the red, oops.

Loot wasn't bad, once I traded in tokens. Helmet, cloak and the auto.

It wouldn't be a favourite raid at all, although I enjoyed the Calus encounter. Glad to have gotten it done though!

I'm likely not going to be on for a raid tonight - won't be home til around 8, spend some time with the wife etc.

Could possibly help on a run tomorrow night, but I won't be able to play Saturday so if a team can be made without me tomorrow night it would probably be better cause if it takes two nights I won't be around for the second half.

PetKing wrote: »
    Thanks for the run guys! :) The underbelly (while I knew it existed) was all new to me. Hadn't seen anything of what it looked like or how it worked.

Need to work on my ad control at Calus, wasn't happy with it. Always had too many on my side, and it was always a fluke when I didn't die (I could have cost more revives than I already did!).

From watching videos in advance, I had no idea of whatever mechanic is there regarding your health not regenning right before the DPS phase. It was a bit of a curve ball for me. I'd be fighting ads or possibly getting hit by his beam, and not realise I should be moving to centre to weaken his shield, then I'm screwing the team (Dude) because I'm starting on half health. On our successful run I was responsible for taking his shield completely, far too quickly, because I wasn't prepared to monitor my health as well as his shield and was holding the trigger down as I watched my health bar in the red, oops.

Loot wasn't bad, once I traded in tokens. Helmet, cloak and the auto.

It wouldn't be a favourite raid at all, although I enjoyed the Calus encounter. Glad to have gotten it done though!
    I've never done the throne room bit myself so have no idea what people are doing in there! I have a vague idea, really - killing ads, punching a psion, taking down a shied but the health regen stuff and positioning... no clue. Will have to give that side of the encounter a go at some stage.

1. So I know whats going on.
    2. So I can do that on Prestige, cause I'll have to do it on Prestige.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Thanks for the run lads! Took me a couple of goes to really grasp what was going on in a fair bit of it, and that was after hearing explanations and watching guides. I can only imagine what it's like going in there blind.

Who would be around Friday night if we were to kick a raid off? (at around 9 or 10?)

Ideally would be looking at Jonny, Wonda-boy or Dude to sherpa up with me - and then two from the experienced group, and two noobies. Also, as I've not run the throne room part of the raid I would be looking for a sherpa that can explain and lead the throne room mechanics.

Longford Leader and Dr Red Dom are down as Friday and a late start suiting.

If we can work out who, and how many are around, we can see about making some sort of plan. Even if we don't get it finished tomorrow night someone may be able to sub in for me Saturday or can be picked up again Sunday/Monday. May as well see if we can get *something* running tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Don't ye try coming in here claiming a sherpafest - your raid was organised on the PS4-Arrange a Raid thread - not here. BEGONE, you have NO claim here!

We took two Sherpee's in with us (Terryc63 and Yakuza) so it's classed as a Sherpa run :P
    Who would be around Friday night if we were to kick a raid off? (at around 9 or 10?)

Ideally would be looking at Jonny or Dude to sherpa up with me - and then two from the experienced group, and two noobies. Also, as I've not run the throne room part of the raid I would be looking for a sherpa that can explain and lead the throne room mechanics.

If we can work out who, and how many are around, we can see about making some sort of plan. Even if we don't get it finished tomorrow night someone may be able to sub in for me Saturday or can be picked up again Sunday/Monday. May as well see if we can get *something* running tomorrow night.

I'll be on Friday if you need numbers. Might even have my titan up to spec to run it, finally finished the story with him last night.

We took two Sherpee's in with us (Terryc63 and Yakuza) so it's classed as a Sherpa run :P

sqtYh99.gif

• Advertisement

I'll be on Friday if you need numbers. Might even have my titan up to spec to run it, finally finished the story with him last night.
    sqtYh99.gif

giphy.gif

Screw yer "sherpafest" then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The first raid completion is the big hurdle, the 3 lads did a fine job over the 2 nights. First night was smooth as and we did a lot better than expected by getting to Callus.

The final raid boss is another step up and to get him done was good work, it's all about fine tuning from here on in. It's still a hectic encounter and there will always be wipes, the fun would wear off pretty quick if you just ran through no bother each time.

I've always teleported back to the Throne room so I need to start doing some team suck for a change and also have a go up top in the gardens.

With the maintenance scheduled for later I think it's best to take the night off, I'll be in South Park.

dudeeile wrote: »
    The first raid completion is the big hurdle, the 3 lads did a fine job over the 2 nights. First night was smooth as and we did a lot better than expected by getting to Callus.

The final raid boss is another step up and to get him done was good work, it's all about fine tuning from here on in. It's still a hectic encounter and there will always be wipes, the fun would wear off pretty quick if you just ran through no bother each time.

I've always teleported back to the Throne room so I need to start doing some team suck for a change and also have a go up top in the gardens.

With the maintenance scheduled for later I think it's best to take the night off, I'll be in South Park.
    Also have to consider the fact glitches on Tueday night made running Calus to any degree impossible and PSN robbed us over an hour or so last night too - we were on the backfoot both nights even just trying to learn the calus encounter.

I think it went VERY well last night. ON our first proper run at it we got him way below half health and from then it was just getting a clear worked run together. Final 3 phase kill was very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

Ideally would be looking at Jonny, Wonda-boy or Dude to sherpa up with me - and then two from the experienced group, and two noobies. Also, as I've not run the throne room part of the raid I would be looking for a sherpa that can explain and lead the throne room mechanics.

Hey Mitch , I should be around Friday night as an experienced raider if you still need one ..

Late suits me due to time zones ..
    PSN : dmehigan

Davie_m wrote: »
    Hey Mitch , I should be around Friday night as an experienced raider if you still need one ..

Late suits me due to time zones ..
    PSN : dmehigan

Cool.

Conovar
    dmehigan
    *Experienced*
    *Sherpa*
    *Noobie*
    *Noobie*

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Available tomorrow night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'll be on tomo night. I too have never been on 'team teleport' so would like to give it a go so I'm not doing it blind whenever I do prestige

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Available tomorrow night too.

Cool, we are half way there.

Conovar
    dmehigan
    *Experienced*
    *Sherpa*
    onlyTobes
    *Noobie*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cool, we are half way there.

Conovar
    dmehigan
    *Experienced*
    *Sherpa*
    onlyTobes
    *Noobie*
    I'll be on tomo night. I too have never been on 'team teleport' so would like to give it a go so I'm not doing it blind whenever I do prestige

You can also put my name in the hat.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    You can also put my name in the hat.

Conovar
    dmehigan
    *Totz*
    *Dude*
    onlyTobes
    *Noobie*

So only 1 noobie required and we have ourselves a team!

Advertisement