Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Iron Banner

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

This is going to be a massively unpopular opinion I'm sure but...

I think the gear shouldn't transfer across from PvE to PvP. The rng drops just don't work when it comes to PvP because you have people running around with weapons that appear to be over-powered and it only makes it worse when you don't have said over-powered weapon.

If you are a PvP player there is little reward from just playing PvP (not saying many people buy this game just for the PvP element) and for the good weapons your dependent on in certain cases rng drops from PvE activities.

For example I have every single "good" handcannon, but I bloody hate them. up until recently I hadn't been dropped a decent auto-rifle and had been using a bluey makes the PvP element so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The rng rewards weren't the best, Datto did a fairly comprehensive video detailing the problems. I see people discussing a different system for the token gated by level which would probably work better. I played fairly well solo for the most part. Got stomped by a few well organised fireteams, but have to admit it was very satisfying when 4 solos beat a Fireteam though. Got most of the weapons, but very few pieces of armour. Twas grand for the first IB, but I'm sure they'll change it up based on feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Game has failed on so many levels compared to the 1st game, trying to please everyone just does not work. And IB is no different......IMHO

Nobody wants to grind multiple groups of 4 wins (for one engram) only to be rewarded with NORMAL crucible gear. The token lottery just does not work in this game, people wanted tokens alright but they wanted to be able to choose from the said vendor what they wanted with the tokens much the way Xur works.

I have grinded the arse outta IB and the rewards are just so bad.....lazy lazy rehashed weapons just not worth it, lad I raid with from clan 2 handed in 160 tokens and got the same gun for all the engrams ffs!

Prestige raid with no light increase or better weapons or armour....****ty emblem is all you get. Really need to cop on as the numbers are falling like mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,160 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played some games saturday/Sunday night and had a great time. Were the first nights I really felt I'd gotten to grips with the game, and wasn't just feeding points.

Dude and his callouts and tactics... Listening works!

Also won a match last night against a team of baggers - having been about 20 points down. Was SUPER satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I must have been one of the few who enjoyed IB, played most of it as a solo player. Did manage to get all guns & armor but then I did cash in a lot of tokens. Didn't see a whole lot of lag, and on a few occasions stomped by a good team, but a few times me and the randoms beat teams aswell.
    No where as good as IB in D1 but still at least something different to do for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah I enjoyed it. I always feel when there's nothing to work towards I just don't feel the need to play it. Once I got the Call to Arms Engrams the desire to play waned. I carried on until level ten as I was almost there but I wasn't going to play on just for the armour and sidearm.
    I was the same in D1 and would get to rank 5, liking it all the way and then stop.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah I enjoyed it. I always feel when there's nothing to work towards I just don't feel the need to play it. Once I got the Call to Arms Engrams the desire to play waned. I carried on until level ten as I was almost there but I wasn't going to play on just for the armour and sidearm.
    I was the same in D1 and would get to rank 5, liking it all the way and then stop.

sideams!! I could have put banshee out of business with the amount of them I got. I felt the same for IB in D1, once I hit rank 5 and got a gun/armour roll I wanted I would stop. But this IB knowing there was something else to get I couldn't stop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Iron banner just felt like old control I liked it but twas nothing special.

I agree with generic as an event it was pretty meh.

Tokens where ****, I didn't play as much as I used to in fairness as I'm busy with real world **** the last little while. But I got 4 grenade launchers 2 side arms and 12 titan helmets from my twelve packages bit pissed off to be honest.

Also hand cannons are unusable and I'm sick of having to use mida and Uriel's to be competitive.

I played exclusively solo with exception of 1 night of about 4 games with clan lads and I found connections to be OK a few questionable games but overall not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    Mida is very strong but only with the inclusion of HCR, they needed and got their nerf in D1 and they should do the same here, it won't make the gun unusable but it's uptake would drop dramatically. This would also sort out the Uriels Gift over use and make plenty more weapons viable, they would also need to deal with the Last Hope at the same time but I think that's a much more difficult balance for them to do effectively.

I see your point and agree.

However rather than a nerf I'd like an overwatch style buff change to other weapons/perks.

You need only look at junkrat to see how a buff can flip the meta as quickly as a nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

JCD may just about win the worst RNG drops for IB. I did pretty well in comparison. Couple of Scouts, few ARS, the pulse rifle, the fusion rifle, the handcannon (unless I'm confused), a Titan Helmet and Titan Mark. Don't think I got any armour on the other two. Got some regular loot drops which I just sharded.

• Advertisement

22 packages, think I got all the weapons bar pulse, and no titan arms. All packages put in on my titan.

The new ornaments on the IB gear look nice. Plenty teams of 4 roaming last night though, very hard for 4 randoms to combat a team.

syboit wrote: »
    The new ornaments on the IB gear look nice. Plenty teams of 4 roaming last night though, very hard for 4 randoms to combat a team.

Got that a few times ourselves but we were a team so it was 4 uncoordinated boardsies vs another team of 4.

We won one match 71-70 with a last second kill and the stats on the match were funny.

The other team had KDAs of 21,17,17,14. We had 14,12,12,10 or something like that - their team shotting was STRONG but they never had more than 1 point for more than a few seconds and we were obviously getting more non-assisted kills.

Got that a few times ourselves but we were a team so it was 4 uncoordinated boardsies vs another team of 4.

We won one match 71-70 with a last second kill and the stats on the match were funny.

The other team had KDAs of 21,17,17,14. We had 14,12,12,10 or something like that - their team shotting was STRONG but they never had more than 1 point for more than a few seconds and we were obviously getting more non-assisted kills.

I'll never quit a game, but if I see a team of 4 in the lobby I'll cancel out if I can. Without fail when the 4 man team stomp comes, sure enough the dancing/waving over your corpse soon follows. Not to mention the creeping around corners with mida.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Played a bit of IB earlier, had one game where it was against a clan. Losing with about 20 seconds left to go, used my super, got 3 kills and we won the game by a point :D

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfNurgle/status/960651950684549120

Was a good IB for me. Played all 3 characters for the first time in D2. Struggling to get to grips with the D2 Titan. Fell back in love with Mida a bit. Got all the ornaments bar the grenade/melee kills which was never going to happen.

Same with myself. Really liked the grind aspect for the ornaments. Nowhere near on the grenade one but I feel the other ones could have been made even just a bit harder to be honest.

Got my 25th win in my last game last night.

Grinded out the ornament for the chest piece in the end. Rushing lads with sub machine gun and start shoulder charging/punching like there is no tomorrow. Did it on striker titan using the acd/0 feedback fence or synthoceps and double pulse.

Seemed odd though, some games would get no progress and others could get upto +5%.

I think the chest piece was the nicest one, at least got rid of the fur on the old version.

Would love to see them expand on the potential of that ornament system.

There is space in the UI beside the ornament - instead of giving us all new armor sets in season 3, give us a brand new ornament for each piece. So we would have the original IB set, the season 2 ornament set and then a season 3 ornament set - all just taking up one inventory slot.

The grind would be more interesting, to me, than just buying a new piece.

There is space in the UI beside the ornament - instead of giving us all new armor sets in season 3, give us a brand new ornament for each piece. So we would have the original IB set, the season 2 ornament set and then a season 3 ornament set - all just taking up one inventory slot.

The grind would be more interesting, to me, than just buying a new piece.

I don't think they'll give new armor in season 3, for IB/factions anyways. I'd suspect just more ornaments like we just got for season 2

• Advertisement

Some of the IB ornament pieces made the IB gear look awful I though. The Warlock gauntlets (I think) with silver ornate decoration shining gets replaced with tatty green / brown rags!?

PetKing wrote: »
    Some of the IB ornament pieces made the IB gear look awful I though. The Warlock gauntlets (I think) with silver ornate decoration shining gets replaced with tatty green / brown rags!?

Yeah, but thats Warlock problems. After the misery they inflicted, at annoying lengths, as storm callers in Destiny, they deserve everything they get.

Jerks.

The Hunter hood on the IB ornament annoys me - I don't like things being that busy.

Both the standard version and ornamented version of the hunter helmets are amazing though.

Advertisement