Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

1575859606163»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Cheers for the link looks a bit of craic, reading it though it looks like you'd need someone in charge who knows it very well so might be a nob runner here.

whats this nob runner you talk of, I may be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Probably related in some way to Johnny's fisting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SeanHarty wrote: »

How are you finding COD? This was my favourite game back in the MW2 days but I got completely turned off the series. Last one I enjoyed was MW3 and haven't bought the last few. As years go by I'm tempted to jump back in and the boots on the ground stuff appeals. I feel real conflicted on one hand there' stuff I like but on the other I see issues that'll drive me insane (like quite possibly literally insane). Kind of waiting for the post-launch novelty to wear off before I make a final decision.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    How are you finding COD? This was my favourite game back in the MW2 days but I got completely turned off the series. Last one I enjoyed was MW3 and haven't bought the last few. As years go by I'm tempted to jump back in and the boots on the ground stuff appeals. I feel real conflicted on one hand there' stuff I like but on the other I see issues that'll drive me insane (like quite possibly literally insane). Kind of waiting for the post-launch novelty to wear off before I make a final decision.

to be honest I usually only play online and I've been having trouble with my Xbox live sub at the moment so I haven't got a chance yet, that being said I usually don't play the single player and for the past two nights I've been enjoying that.

I'll hopefully have the live issue fixed today and ill play it over the weekend and ill let you know.

yeah I saw you having trouble getting online on an xbox thread but hadn't checked the dates. Used to like the campaigns but couldn't get through Blops2/Ghosts. I think I played 3 or 4 online Ghosts' games. Pretty sure the Blops two disc was in my garden for 8 months

yeah I saw you having trouble getting online on an xbox thread but hadn't checked the dates. Used to like the campaigns but couldn't get through Blops2/Ghosts. I think I played 3 or 4 online Ghosts' games. Pretty sure the Blops two disc was in my garden for 8 months

I was a big MW fan and to be honest and I didn't really like the WWII games they brought out but this one just looked class and with the deal for the xbox I couldn't turn is down so if I like it I'm sure anyone who had anytime for the WWII games will as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I used to love Call of Duty, but MW3 was such a load of bollocks that it killed any interest I had in the series.

my best friend quit where we work yesterday and I'm unbearably sad. don't know what I'm going to do when I sober up.

my best friend quit where we work yesterday and I'm unbearably sad. don't know what I'm going to do when I sober up.

oh jesus I feel for you.

don't panic buy COD:WWII anyway, its good but not brilliant

ah jaysus my favourite ever franchise reduced to 9 maps, broken mp and an unfathomable perk system, things aren't that bad yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wolfenstein 2 for 35 on PSN sale.

NIIIIIICCCCEEE.

Gonna go punch some Nazis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Wolfenstein 2 for 35 on PSN sale.

NIIIIIICCCCEEE.

Gonna go punch some Nazis.

Excellent game. You might be better going for the deluxe edition as you'll get season pass for a tenner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nioh was 16.99 in argos over the weekend but with no stock anywhere so got it in gamestop for 20 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nioh was 16.99 in argos over the weekend but with no stock anywhere so got it in gamestop for 20 :D

Same, picked up the season pass for €10 off psn too.

Saw a really good video the other day about how EA/Dice managed to turn around Battlefield 4. The launch must have been one of the worst ever and caused huge backlash from the community. Over time (a long long time) they eventually fixed a lot what was wrong and continued to support it probably to the detriment of subsequent BF games (Hardline / BF1). It's still a really good game, quite well supported 4 years on.

Hard to see how the likes of D2, COD WW2, Battlefront 2 etc are going to recover from their launches or if the studios will even throw resources at them to do so. Don't necessarily think these are bad games or that they will certainly harm their franchises but the games themselves seem to have significant problems.

Saw a really good video the other day about how EA/Dice managed to turn around Battlefield 4. The launch must have been one of the worst ever and caused huge backlash from the community. Over time (a long long time) they eventually fixed a lot what was wrong and continued to support it probably to the detriment of subsequent BF games (Hardline / BF1). It's still a really good game, quite well supported 4 years on.

Hard to see how the likes of D2, COD WW2, Battlefront 2 etc are going to recover from their launches or if the studies will even throw resources at them to do so. Don't necessarily think these are bad games or that they will certainly harm their franchises but the games themselves seem to have significant problems.

to be honest I've totally forgotten about BF4 since I got BF1 I might load it back up and have a look at it! I remember really enjoying it!

Think that was mainly down to Dice LA getting at it and un****ing it.

It was proper ****e at launch, definition of a half finished game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

From a Reddit thread

nRQL8Oal.png

Take away is that there'll either be refunds offered or Bungo will need to reverse the changes.

Microsoft have given them a deadline already, Sony will probably follow suit, Blizzard as well maybe?

Only way they listen is hit em in the wallet

• Advertisement
Advertisement