Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

First here and the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it still under warranty?

Anyway - Our

c90711a8-8a83-43ed-a5a5-2d02212590e2.jpg

thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Second!
    I've never been second!!
    Edit: damn you Harry

So, is the the thread we give Good ole Boys the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a Liverpool fan (even if it's of the recent Stockholm Syndrome type) and leave it here unless it's completely obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

That is all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,459 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool-2019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

vnUaw0J.png

Robbo crew checking in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Last thread was a massive disappointment. we actually lost a game, let's hope that never happens again. wait did city beat us in the charity shield as well, ffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

not fair, United get 11k posts a thread and we only get 10��

• Advertisement

Liverpool-2019.jpg

Quoting for Majesty

yA0mc9N.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

That gif in response to that post was the perfect way to end the last thread.

Bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Quality not quantity

Quality over quantity obvs

Go on Peatys

The Mig wrote: »
    Go on Peatys

Hive mind :D

DVDM93 wrote: »
    What's Lovren doing to Hendo? :D

Belly rubs :o

Liverpool-2019.jpg

What a photo that is. Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Emre Can sent off for Germany tonight after 5 mins. He's having a bad time of late.

D8ARBHQXUAEGNsM.jpg

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »

"We see things they'll never see....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

GBX wrote: »
    Emre Can sent off for Germany tonight after 5 mins. He's having a bad time of late.

That's what happens when you leave the biggest and best club in the world. No ambition, that lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

International games today:

EURO: Belarus v Netherlands [1-2, VVD, Gini full game, Gini x2 goals]
    EURO: Wales v Croatia [1-1, Lovren full game]
    EURO: Scotland v San Marino [6-0, Robertson full game]
    EURO: Kazakhstan v Belgium [0-2, Origi unused sub]
    FRIENDLY: Brazil v Nigeria [1-1, Bobby 62 mins, Fabinho subbed on 80 mins]

Games left to play:

EURO: Bulgaria v England [Henderson, TAA, Gomez] - 14th Oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm actually a West Ham fan, time to come clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

6 wrote: »

I've had it as the screensaver on my phone since I first saw it a few months ago. Amazing is right. It annoys a few as well so that's an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm actually a West Ham fan, time to come clean.

I went to national school with a West Ham fan and I don't think I've met one since.

Owl. wrote: »
    I went to national school with a West Ham fan and I don't think I've met one since.

My ex was one. She's bang about Upton Park being really called "the Boleyn ground" and how she'd sneak in for free. I miss her.

Owl. wrote: »

That was me, hi

My ex was one. She's bang about Upton Park being really called "the Boleyn ground" and how she'd sneak in for free. I miss her.

I don't miss you!

• Advertisement

I don't miss you!

That's OK. You are one of the better posters. With a good sense of humour. I guess I don't deserve nice things. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,018 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So, is the the thread we give Good ole Boys the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a Liverpool fan (even if it's of the recent Stockholm Syndrome type) and leave it here unless it's completely obvious.

I'm hoping it's the thread where we can all just actively ignore the nonsense, and hope the lack of oxygen just snuffs it out. Even with that script, whole pages are still lost to it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gini scored an absolute worldy tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fergie time thread...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A grand bit of fresh air was had yesterday.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I don't miss you!

How can you miss something that's always here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pogba reportedly out of the Liverpool match.

For all the stick he gets I think that's a huge boost for us. I do think he's comfortably their best player and top performer over the last few seasons and their midfield just looks very average without him in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Morzadec wrote: »

For all the stick he gets I think that's a huge boost for us. I do think he's comfortably their best player and top performer over the last few seasons and their midfield just looks very average without him in it.

If I had a penny for the amount of times over the years where a United player has been doubtful to play in a game against Liverpool only for them to make a miraculously recovery on the day of the game.

Well I'd have an awful lot of pennies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think he has an issue with his foot. He played in the Astana game and that seemed to aggregate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If I had a penny for the amount of times over the years where a United player has been doubtful to play in a game against Liverpool only for them to make a miraculously recovery on the day of the game.

Well I'd have an awful lot of pennies.

I think the fact that it is coming from French media, and not the English media says a lot. Pogba's reputation is growing every game he misses and United lose.

Bad with him, worse without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think the fact that it is coming from French media, and not the English media says a lot. Pogba's reputation is growing every game he misses and United lose.

Bad with him, worse without him.

so you feel he might pull a sickie to help force a transfer to real or somewhere similar ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I find these games are so unpredictable that Man United losing their entire first 11 wouldn't make me any more hopeful going in to the game. We have a rotten record at Old Trafford but their form is dreadful at the moment. It should be a great opportunity but I find that sometimes adversity can strengthen a team's resolve in these games - lose Pogba and suddenly a 16 year old makes his debut and becomes a legend for the club...

We haven't had as good a chance of winning at OT in a long, long time and I think that's the case with or without Pogba, Martial, etc.

so you feel he might pull a sickie to help force a transfer to real or somewhere similar ?

I would believe so. He often goes missing in games, and in long stretches of games. He phoned in performances for the last 2 months last season. His reputation did wonders by scoring penalties (5 of his last 6 goals for United have been penalties) But the months of crap performances and no-shows were forgotten. The longer is he out of the team while United are losing, he appears to be better. There's a couple of soft games coming up (on paper) and I'm sure he will start to feature in them and United will get wins and he will be a god again. It's easy to look good playing against Villa, Bournemouth & Partizan Belgrade but where is he when it matters in a tougher run of games.

EDIT: also, he has 18 months left on his contract, roughly. There is talk of a new contract for mad money, or looking for it. This January United will have a tough decision to make; sign him up on a new massive money contract when he doesn't really deserve it. Or risk losing him on the cheap this summer or on a free transfer the following summer, again. £90m mistake if that happens.

Paul Joyce is saying that Alisson should start at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/368534-caoimhin-kelleher-liverpool-debut-family-interview?fbclid=IwAR1OZ4v3-V0ddFSF-IhJLTn_MTHhM1qct85AC3ChrfyD08Dd0Kv-8QHOc3Y

September 25, 2019 is a date Caoimhin Kelleher will never forget.

The goalkeeper made his senior Liverpool debut in a Carabao Cup victory at Milton Keynes Dons and marked the occasion with a series of excellent saves to preserve a treasured clean sheet.

He did so not just in front of a capacity crowd and live television cameras, but with his nearest and dearest watching on with the travelling Reds at Stadium MK.

“A few of my family were in the away end with the Liverpool fans,” the 20-year-old explained in the new edition of the official Liverpool FC magazine.

“My mum, my sister, my brother and my girlfriend all came over to watch the game and support me, which was really nice.

“I didn’t see them in the stand when I was on the pitch, but I saw them all after the game and we were all quite speechless, to be honest.

“It wasn’t awkward, it was just a weird one because I’d just made my Liverpool debut and didn’t know what to say really!”

Though Liverpool were good value for their win in the third-round tie, Kelleher was called into action several times in the second half.

The Republic of Ireland U21 international responded with smart reactions to keep the League One hosts out and achieve the ideal outcome for a ‘keeper on debut.

“It was nice to make those saves in those moments, just to be there for the team,” he said.

“I was just doing my job when called upon, so it was good to do that and be in the right position to make those saves. It was nice to keep a clean sheet but it was a bonus, really.

“I wasn’t going into the game thinking, ‘I have to keep a clean sheet’. I just went into it thinking, ‘I have to do my job’. When the final whistle went and I knew I had a clean sheet, it was a nice moment.”

Liverpool’s reward for beating MK Dons is a fourth-round meeting with fellow Premier League side Arsenal, to be played at Anfield at the end of this month.

Kelleher would, naturally, welcome the chance to represent the first team at the stadium, having been a substitute for four home games so far this season.

Jürgen Klopp on 'sensational talent' Kelleher
    “Of course it would be nice to play at Anfield for the first time for the senior team,” he continued.

“I’ve been on the bench at Anfield and I get goose bumps when the fans sing You’ll Never Walk Alone before the game, it’s an amazing atmosphere there.

“So it would be a lovely moment, but I’m not thinking about that. I’m just taking it as it comes. I’m not expecting anything, I’m just going to train as best I can and if I’m selected I’ll be ready.”

Kelleher worked closely with Adrian and Andy Lonergan – who each joined the club in the summer – during Alisson Becker’s two-month injury absence.

The No.62 revealed the supportive relationship fostered by the goalkeepers at Melwood and why Adrian’s performance level since he signed has been so impressive.

“They’ve been really good – top, to be fair,” he said. “Obviously as a young goalkeeper learning from them is great, but as people they have been really supportive of me.

“Andy was the sub goalie for the game against MK Dons and really helped me that night with his experience, giving me advice and telling me to enjoy it. Adrian texted me a couple of days before the game saying ‘Good luck’ and texted me afterwards saying ‘Congratulations’.

“They are both really nice guys and are passing all their experience on, but I also have to look at how well Adrian has done since coming in. Considering he had very little time to get used to things here he has done very, very well.

“He’d only been here for a few days when he had to come on and play against Norwich, which is very difficult when you’ve hardly trained with the team, so he’s been really good here.”

What sort of money would ye reckon Kelleher is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that's the kind of thing you'd only need to know when calculating a ransom demand. Obviously there's huge money in football and some of the wages are mind boggling I'm not sure it trickles down to this level though and wouldn't be surprised to learn he's on a relatively modest wage, alternatively I could be outraged if I found out.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    that's the kind of thing you'd only need to know when calculating a ransom demand. Obviously there's huge money in football and some of the wages are mind boggling I'm not sure it trickles down to this level though and wouldn't be surprised to learn he's on a relatively modest wage, alternatively I could be outraged if I found out.
    Just curious is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

At a guess, about 2 or 3k a week I'd say.

When Sterling was our top youth player, he was on 2k. That was years ago, so imagine a bit of inflation has kicked in since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

FitzShane wrote: »
    Paul Joyce is saying that Alisson should start at the weekend.

The head says that Alisson should start because he is the better keeper but the heart says Adrian to start because his performances so far have earned a game of this calibre.

Thankfully Klopp makes the decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adrian should have saved the Maddison goal against Leicester. But he has done well overall.

No question Alisson starts now though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement