Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blogs, Online Newsletters, Twitter Feeds etc..

• 21-12-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Here are some blogs and newsletters that I read in my job as a genealogist. Anyone else have good ones that are worth a look? I'm not on twitter, anyone know of good feeds worth following?

Claire Santry's Irish Genealogy News
    A very good blog that provides regular local and national developments. Also has a great 'how to' site about Irish genealogy.

John Grenham's Column/Blog in The Irish Times
    The godfather of Irish genealogy. Provides a very interesting read once a week and is not afraid to put the boot in when a critical assessment is needed.

Dick Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
    This one is U.S. centric but is widely read and also provides news on genealogy developments all over the world. He is also big into technology and how it can be utilized for genealogy.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I read all those though all the advertising and unrelated stuff on Dick Eastman's bugs me. Claire's is brilliant. I wish Grenham would have the blog up more regularly - it's in Monday's newspaper but sometimes it's 2 weeks before it's up online.

I get the newsletter from Eneclann and Findmypast.ie - mainly to watch for sales or new releases of records.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement