Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How is stuff from China getting to Ireland?

• 22-01-2021 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Delighted with a computer part thats just arrived from China.

Ten days, ordered the 11th delivered on the 22nd (Jan 2020) free postage.

Delivery was with An Post and the item has a German prepaid postage sticker on one side and on the other I can see what looks like a Chinese shipment label that has a white label put over it to cover it up.

So how does that all work and is it a common arrangement? Would order more stuff from China if I knew that it was coming via Germany or other European country.

The traking gives no indication of the route between SHENZHEN and arrival in DUBLIN FWD other than an in between scan Arrived at transit hub.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I assume air freight is the reason why. Everything that is being delayed at the moment is coming by boat from either Britain or mainland Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's no way you got a part delivered from China in 11 days for free :)

Most likely that supplier maintains a warehouse in the EU for where they can send out EU orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

seamus wrote: »
    There's no way you got a part delivered from China in 11 days for free :)

Most likely that supplier maintains a warehouse in the EU for where they can send out EU orders.

Well that was implied in the question :D

But if its not from China there is a very complete and plausible tracking history with Orange Connex which ties up with the covered over but still readable sticker with the shipment ID and original tracking number.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

A lot of packages are coming from China by train to Germany . DHL were saying its making things a lot quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're using a forwarding service. Really common in NL and DE.

Sellers on Ali etc dont make it clear which way they do it so you can't be sure when ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

My car was manufactured in China and was brought by train to Europe!
    It's 15-day journey. For sure a lot of freight goes this way also, but I am not sure how much.

Advertisement