Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print remotely to provider who posts via AnPost

Options
  • 20-01-2021 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭

Does someone know a service that allows to print letters/documents via the internet and post them via AnPost?

Loads of providers in the UK and the Continent but with postal delays that just takes too long.

I really don't want to hunt down an open internet cafe to print out a couple of return labels.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭user302243

Does someone know a service that allows to print letters/documents via the internet and post them via AnPost?

Loads of providers in the UK and the Continent but with postal delays that just takes too long.

I really don't want to hunt down an open internet cafe to print out a couple of return labels.

Thanks

Do you mean you want to upload/email documents, have them printed and then posted to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

user302243 wrote: »
    Do you mean you want to upload/email documents, have them printed and then posted to you?

Yes.

Yes.

There was a place in Wicklow I've used before but looks like they're closed now.

Anywhere else I know of would only do bulk mailing.

Is this for once off or a recurring thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mrasgar

I'm new in Ireland, and without a printer or many businesses open these days, it would be great to have a service like this. Will be following this thread.

If no else is providing this service, I might have to order a printer and start my own business!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

There does not seam to be a provider in Ireland.

I used pingen.com frequently that sends the mail from Switzerland or pixelletter.de that sends from Germany but with the postal delivery times that is not an option at the moment.

• Advertisement

I did look into setting a similar business up but with the market size in Ireland I just don't think it would be profitable as a standalone business - as part of an existing one maybe.

Anyway if it's just a once off need let me know I can print and post - been doing it for a few mates over lockdown.

I got a printer in the end (Brother 1210W and it's great), but just saw last night that Wexford Library is providing exactly this kind of service in case it helps anyone else:

http://www.printcopyandgo.com/

https://imgur.com/a/6WyFAiE

They charge the following:
    • 1€ flat rate service charge
    • A4 Black & White 20c per page (50c for colour)
    • An Post delivery

And they're quick: "Orders received before 3pm will go in the evening post, getting to you the following business day."

Seems like a great service overall. If I had known about this before I probably wouldn't have bought the printer.

Advertisement