Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great EU shopping sites

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I see a news article this morning saying ASOS are shipping to us from an EU warehouse so they are back on the list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

strandroad wrote: »
    Oh I know bulbi.nl as it happens. They have a huge selection of flower bulbs, some really unusual ones if you need them.

Update on Coronavirus: Due to stricter measures we are currently unable to deliver to United Kingdom and Ireland. Our apologies.

Not a European site but American Eagle (the US site) has free shipping over $50 and covers any VAT or duty costs (see shipping conditions below)

I've ordered a few times in the last year - delivery in a week or so. You will not have any extra charges.

Wait for sales. Currently on clearance so much sale choice but around Black Friday it was 40% off on the full range pretty much - great choice and great value.

Obviously returns are not going to be on due to cost.

Also there is a European site but it is way more expensive and has much less choice. Ignore any prompts to switch over to that site. stay on ae.com

Plenty of their stuff has no branding at all on it if you use the search.

Their jeans and hoodies are good imo. Some also like their cargo shorts and polo shirts.

https://www.ae.com/intl/en/content/help/shipping-handling
    All deliveries are pending credit approval, merchandise availability, delivery and weather conditions.

We currently cover duties and taxes in most countries
    Duties and taxes may be due upon delivery in the following countries: South Korea, Israel, Greenland, Russia

Based on the country you are shipping to, you may have the option to ship standard, express, or both.
    We are unable to ship more than 20 items per order to international addresses.
    Free shipping is available for standard shipping to international countries on orders over $50 USD. This offer excludes orders shipping to Brazil, Andorra, Bulgaria, Iceland, New Guinea, Turkey and Uruguay
    If you would like to place an order shipping to the U.S. or Canada please change your site settings in my account. Items in your bag will not transfer and product assortment may vary across sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

Mango, men's and women's fashion retailer from Spain.

https://shop.mango.com/ie

I know that they have had a few stores in Ireland for women, but I've never seen men's stock.

I've been buying from them for a few years now, site is completely in English, cheap shipping and free options, 0 issues with delivery or returns, definitely clocked €500+ in that shop and a few returns.

If you're tired of how boring and homogenous men's fashion tends to be in Ireland, 70% of men shopping in what seems like only River Island, Next and Topman, this Spanish retailer has different ideas, it has cheerful colours, the summer wear is especially great. Some tops are a bit on the thin side for Irish climate though I had to admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

LaAlgerie wrote: »
    Mango, men's and women's fashion retailer from Spain.

I can vouch for this site also but I haven't even considered them EU since they have shops here! Good point about mens fashion. Do you happen to know where they ship from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

https://www.fnac.com/ is a great amazon-like French store. I've bought from them in the past, but not for a few years now. Prices can be more expensive than amazon, but definitely worth checking out, as bargains can be had at times. Unfortunately it's in French, but if you use Chrome (and don't do French), you can have it translated on-the-fly.

...There's a great Fnac physical store in Barcelona, by the way. You can easily spend a few hours wandering around there. I mean, when physical stores was a thing. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Any good sites for menswear? Have used Charles Tyrwhitt before. But would definitely be open to finding some similar sites in other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Blisterman wrote: »
    Any good sites for menswear? Have used Charles Tyrwhitt before. But would definitely be open to finding some similar sites in other countries.

We had very good experience with Esprit but it could be too casual in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭kalych

Blisterman wrote: »

I really like Eterna mens shirts www.eterna.de
    Louis Copeland used to stock them regularly, which is how i discovered the brand. Good fit - can get Normal, Slim or even slimmer fit still. They regularly ( about 2-3 times a year) do 3 shirts for €99. Ordered in January 2021 and received the order after 4 days, delivered via DHL Germany and An Post to the door. Happy with that. No affiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Anyone know of any good sites to order good Olive oil (Italin/Greek), Honey (Greek) etc?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 weent19

Simply just needed to state Now i am happy that i stumbled onto your page

• Registered Users Posts: 35,738 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is mass-zone.eu a genuine site???

With no issue with customs and vat when shipping to Ireland??????

• Registered Users Posts: 35,738 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I don't get Amazon, never bought anything from there. How exactly does it work???

if you go on amazon.de it's Germany right??? But all the item are still from the USA, UK ect...... so what is the difference, if I buy on amazon.de and the item is shipped from uk seller is there still customs and vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Ignore...(bring back the old site editing...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I've only ever bought coffee from them and shipping is a tenner but no problems

https://www.greekflavours.com/en/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Amazon are big enough to be organised so the price you pay at the check out is the final price so if duties etc are required then you'll be able to see that before finalising the transaction. No surprises on the doorstep.

If you order from an Amazon EU website there shouldn't be anything extra anyway and even if there was again you'd be told at the checkout stage.

If you buy from Amazon UK (when amazon fulfill not a third party) they will deduct the UK VAT and charge the itish VAT and pay the irish tax man. Of you but on amazon from a third party seller you are likely to get charged the UK VAT when you checkout plus get sting for irish VAT and an admin fee when the item comes into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Thats totally put me off buying from 3rd party sellers now. If its not fulfilled by Amazon, I'm out!

Advertisement